Enough flow?

SifuMemphis

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
538
Reaction score
250
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2x MP10 quiet drives in a 49 gallon tank, 36x17x17. Would this be enough flow for an SPS tank?

Currently running 1 on Short pulse 80% and another with reef crest up to 90%.

I have 1 MP10 in the rear, while one is in the front, creating a circular water movement.

Thoughts?
 
I would put them both on one side running one as a slave pump and both on full reef crest. This is plenty of flow for that size tank.
 
Vortechs push a lot of water. I always like setting one on each side to create different currents
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new