EPOXY ON ESHOPPS COLLECTION CUP

nate10

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
4
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently broke my collection cup let it set in normal hardware store epoxy then put it on the protein skimmer after letting it settle for about 10 minutes turned it on let it run for about 30 seconds then it started leaking and i realized my mistake i didn’t use reef safe epoxy what should i do. Is the water toxic now? The fish and corals look fine still eating and swimming breathing a little heavy.
Tank: 90 gallon
Sump: Eshopps gen 2 sump

image.jpg
 
I recently broke my collection cup let it set in normal hardware store epoxy then put it on the protein skimmer after letting it settle for about 10 minutes turned it on let it run for about 30 seconds then it started leaking and i realized my mistake i didn’t use reef safe epoxy what should i do. Is the water toxic now? The fish and corals look fine still eating and swimming breathing a little heavy.
Tank: 90 gallon
Sump: Eshopps gen 2 sump

image.jpg
I wouldn’t worry about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new