Epoxy Resins

basile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here's my problem i'm running out of my regular resin the place i usually gets it is no longer there. i'm in the middle of my project, i need to finish it. i'm on a sort of a dealine, the piece i'm working on has to be finishe and the resin i bought i don't know it and i'm not sure about its effect.

So my question is are all resin equal can i still use that one on my piece and still put it in the water. its a two part resin like the one i use, its a 15 min work time its epoxy the name is "POUR-ON" from enviro Tex Lite High Gloss Finish made in USA i bought it at Home Hardware. I use to buy mine at a hobby town but i need in larger quantity for a large foam backwall . Thanks for your help.

birdsnest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with epoxy comes from surfboard manufacturing and I do think it would be safe to use. However, getting two different resins to bond with one another can be tricky. You need to make sure you rough up the area that you are putting the new epoxy on or you run the risk of it delaminating, or not adhering to the other surface.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back