equipment upgrades etc

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyfins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyfins

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
1,057
Reaction score
1,064
Location
Spokane
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having way too much issue with my current set up. I need to know how I could switch out equipment. I like my set up, but I literally cannot figure it out, and when I follow the instructions, it messes everything up. I am not interested in going to The Neptune system...but would like to know if there's anything else. Currently I am with GHL and it's just too complicated for me. I would like to be able to monitor my tank still though...
anyone have some better ideas?

Thanks so much
 
it’s really hard to give you an answer without details of your tank and your overall goals. Understanding you want simplistic and monitoring. Kactoily has one of the simpler WiFi monitoring solutions if that is all you want Search “Kactoily Smart 7-in-1 Aquarium WiFi Monitor” it isn’t perfect just when I used one it was very simple/easy to use.
 
Looking into controllers has always intimidated me. I am very tech challenged. It sounds like you may be frustrated which could also happen with a different system. I think if you give more information as mentioned someone here can help you with your GHL which may be better than trying to learn a new system.
 
it’s really hard to give you an answer without details of your tank and your overall goals. Understanding you want simplistic and monitoring. Kactoily has one of the simpler WiFi monitoring solutions if that is all you want Search “Kactoily Smart 7-in-1 Aquarium WiFi Monitor” it isn’t perfect just when I used one it was very simple/easy to use.
I have had this tank up and running 5 years. I started with other lights, but I bought this as a 2nd hand venture. it came with just about too much equipment, and all GHL products. the man had it set for freshwater, and I flipped it to marine. Changed all the pucks in all 3 lamps, which was 18 total. then a light quit, I got that replaced, and it's obviously different somehow, than the other 2. it literally shines different. The updates look simple, but are not, one false move and it's a trainwreck. we switched to starlink, and that's 5g...GHL runs 2.4 so I split my starlink, that didnt help. moved my netgear back online, still no blinking light for wifi signal. put in numberous tickets, and nothing helped. asked for remote assistance, and now finally got a response to that. set that up, but since the gentleman is in Europe, he's likely sleeping. Meanwhile, one of my PAB bars caught fire randomly, and smoked up my house....now no heaters. no heaters because the next advice given, totally rendered my profilux 4 unusable. so that's where I am. I have a lot of STN happening, tank is at 74 degrees with 2 heaters from freshwater tanks going full blast. Cannot plug in either of my 2 finnex heaters, because I cannot control them at all at this point. I am frustrated, and I am about to move onto something else.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new