Eric's 100 gallon dream!!!

srt4eric

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Messages
86
Reaction score
54
Location
San Jose
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've been a member here for a little while but this is my first build thread. I have two other build threads on my local forums.
I'm pretty new to reef tanks. I started this journey back in March with a little Biocube 16 led. I very quickly outgrew that tank. You can check out the build thread here: https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/erics-biocube-16.26623/

After that I found a used 40 gallon with stand and sump at a local lfs for a killer deal. Setting that tank up I thought I'd be set for a while. Well I was wrong. That tank is almost out of room. You can see that build thread here: https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/erics-40-gallon-adventure.26624/

So here I am documenting my newest tank. It's a 100 gallon Visio I got for free from a guy in my local reef club. Little did I know that there's nothing more expensive than a free tank.
 
Here it is. I got this for free a couple months ago and it's just been sitting.
20201225_131523.jpg

100 gallon visio tank. Its 48"×24"×20. This tank also came with a free stand and a 40 gallon sump.
20201225_131530.jpg
 
A few weeks ago another guy in my local club was getting rid of a much better stand and a way better sump and ato reservoir. I jumped on that.
20201225_131443.jpg

I also grabbed about 100lbs of rock. I just have to figure put what to do with it all.
20201225_131539.jpg
 
And with today being Christmas I bought my self a few new things for this build.
20201225_131820.jpg

For lights I'm going to use 3 Radion XR15 blues with an Aquatic Life 48" t5 hybrid fixture.
 
I'll update this soon. The Christmas tree is currently occupying the spot I want this tank to sit. As soon as the tree is gone I'm going to bring in the stand, sump and tank. I'll post pics of the plumbing and me setting the aquascape soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new