OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back! You guys are awesome and a pain in the butt all at the same time LOL! I love you guys!

So, Saturday ended up being a pretty c r a p p y day. The best we got was 4th. Finn had a freak out in the schooling ring, which made both of us super tense. He settled down, but I stayed tense, trying to anticipate what would spook him next, which really affected our rides. My head kept getting in the way, if you get my meaning. Yesterday was MUCH better. We got a 4th and a 5th in two of our classes, but I'll take it because we were riding against 18 other people. With 19 of us in the class, 4th and 5th is nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure! In my equitation over fences round (in equitation, basically the rider is judged on how well they handle their horse and do they look good doing it lol), we got FIRST!!! We totally rocked it! I'll post video once I remember how, and I know that someone took pics, so I'll post those when I get them, as well :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back! You guys are awesome and a pain in the butt all at the same time LOL! I love you guys!

So, Saturday ended up being a pretty c r a p p y day. The best we got was 4th. Finn had a freak out in the schooling ring, which made both of us super tense. He settled down, but I stayed tense, trying to anticipate what would spook him next, which really affected our rides. My head kept getting in the way, if you get my meaning. Yesterday was MUCH better. We got a 4th and a 5th in two of our classes, but I'll take it because we were riding against 18 other people. With 19 of us in the class, 4th and 5th is nothing to sneeze at, that's for sure! In my equitation over fences round (in equitation, basically the rider is judged on how well they handle their horse and do they look good doing it lol), we got FIRST!!! We totally rocked it! I'll post video once I remember how, and I know that someone took pics, so I'll post those when I get them, as well :)
Thats awesome. Why did fin freak out. Did he see a pretty mare?
@najer see nothing to worry about

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know it is not the same but having a comfortable feel with your "ride" means a lot, I used to ride a pony when I was like 12, his name was trigger, the most gentle, placid pony you can picture except Carol used to bring the ponies so we could ride down the long field past the new gas works nearby, she shouted "trigger" and he went off like a ballistic missile every time so more like holding on for grim death than riding!

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome. Why did fin freak out. Did he see a pretty mare?
@najer see nothing to worry about
He had a bout of PTSD. At some point (maybe in his racing career; I didn't get the chance to ask for details at the time) he got pinned against the fence by another horse. While we were schooling, another rider was coming at us at a canter (we were walking) and even though we had plenty of room between us, Finn kind of panicked and froze for a second, then spun around and took off like a shot to get away. After that, just being in the schooling ring was super stressful for him.
I know it is not the same but having a comfortable feel with your "ride" means a lot, I used to ride a pony when I was like 12, his name was trigger, the most gentle, placid pony you can picture except Carol used to bring the ponies so we could ride down the long field past the new gas works nearby, she shouted "trigger" and he went off like a ballistic missile every time so more like holding on for grim death than riding!
Hopefully, that experience didn't traumatize you too much! If you're ready for the ballistic missile to take off, that's fun. But when it catches you by surprise, that can make you need a new pair of pants LOL! By the way, Simon, thank you for trying to keep these hooligans in check. Even though it obviously didn't work, I appreciate your efforts ;)

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back and sounds over all Like a pretty good trip!

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time
Well, I didn't really go anywhere. The show was at my barn. Since Finn is uber reactive (spooks at EVERYTHING, seems like) the likelihood of us actually going off property to show is practically nil, unfortunately

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I didn't really go anywhere. The show was at my barn. Since Finn is uber reactive (spooks at EVERYTHING, seems like) the likelihood of us actually going off property to show is practically nil, unfortunately
Proverbial trip as "away" from us looney toons ;Hilarious ;Sorry;Hilarious;Wacky
looney tunes GIF by Looney Tunes World of Mayhem
looney tunes GIF
Looney Tunes Animation GIF by Cartoon Network Asia
Dress Up Looney Tunes GIF by Cartoon Network Asia
Scared Looney Tunes GIF by Cartoon Network Asia
Going Crazy Donald Duck GIF
looney tunes end GIF

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back