0   0   0
20220521_184000.jpg

DiamondCoralsLLC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I think I've convinced myself to convert my 75g into SW instead of my 29g (@sfin52, I believe that you predicted that this might happen in my meet & greet post lol). There are just so many fish out there that I want to get but aren't suitable for a 29g lol. I'm not going to be able to drill it because its tempered glass, so no sump. I'll have the Tidal 110 on it with a couple of power heads. Dry/live rock, live sand. This will be a FOWLR for quite a while, at least until the tank matures and I feel comfortable enough to try a reef. My current stocking plan is (this is the plan for the 29g, I'm just going to add to it) :
2 ocellaris clowns
? banggaii cardinals (I'm not sure how many I can have in this size of tank)
1 Yasha goby/ pistol shrimp pair
1 royal gramma
hermit crabs, cleaner shrimp, an urchin (if you have other suggestions to add to this group, I'd love to hear them)

These are the fish I'm looking at to possibly add to my stocking list:
1 flame angel (I know that this fish could be a problem if/when I start adding corals)
1 simple damselfish (will the fact that this is a 75g cut down on the aggression?)
1 fairy wrasse (either a lubbock's, whip fin, or ruby longfin)

I'm open to other suggestions. Can I get away with another bottom dweller or should I just stick to the 1 yasha/shrimp pair?
you can use a power flow box, Eshopps makes them their great i used one!! that converts non drilled tanks into tanks that can have a sump!!

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use a power flow box, Eshopps makes them their great i used one!! that converts non drilled tanks into tanks that can have a sump!!
I ended up sticking with the canister. The way I have things set up, I don't have any room for a sump. HOWEVER, if the stupid red tail shark in the 125 ever dies (which can't happen soon enough, if you ask me), I'm hoping to turn that tank into a reef, and I'll probably try to go the sump route with that one

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ended up sticking with the canister. The way I have things set up, I don't have any room for a sump. HOWEVER, if the stupid red tail shark in the 125 ever dies (which can't happen soon enough, if you ask me), I'm hoping to turn that tank into a reef, and I'll probably try to go the sump route with that one
I had a red tail in a 55g. Killed everyone. He was probably 3".

Whats the fish plan?

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a red tail in a 55g. Killed everyone. He was probably 3".

Whats the fish plan?
My angels keep stupid Bruce in check. He's a model citizen

I really don't have much of a plan, at this point. I'm considering a predator tank, but I also think it would be pretty cool to have a bunch of small fish in there

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I really don't have much of a plan, at this point. I'm considering a predator tank, but I also think it would be pretty cool to have a bunch of small fish in there
I am over keeping big fish. Hand feeding was fun though. The amount of food they eat. Got expensive.
I like the little guys. A drop here and there. I just get to enjoy them swimming around. Even though I don't have many now :(

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lots n lots n lots of wrasse. @Crabby48 do you approve

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am over keeping big fish. Hand feeding was fun though. The amount of food they eat. Got expensive.
I like the little guys. A drop here and there. I just get to enjoy them swimming around. Even though I don't have many now :(
Make your own food. I can make food for you for about 80 for 6 months

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back