OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was informed today that my in-laws will be leaving Texas Sunday or Monday and heading home! They usually take 2-3 days to drive back up to Iowa. I'll give my father-in-law a week to decompress from his vacation, and then I'm going to start hounding him about my stand! It's almost build time!!! Lol

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was informed today that my in-laws will be leaving Texas Sunday or Monday and heading home! They usually take 2-3 days to drive back up to Iowa. I'll give my father-in-law a week to decompress from his vacation, and then I'm going to start hounding him about my stand! It's almost build time!!! Lol
It's about to get real

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is!!! I'm so excited!

How are you and your family holding up? I've been thinking of you guys.
We are good. My daughter took it the hardest. She gave him baths, played and laid on him when she was younger. Skeeter was her dog.

Loki is really taking hard. Heather took him out for the nightly bathroom trip. They would wait for skeeter to finish up and all come in together. He waited at the drive way not wanting to come in because skeeter didn't join them.

We may have to get another puppy for Loki

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are good. My daughter took it the hardest. She gave him baths, played and laid on him when she was younger. Skeeter was her dog.

Loki is really taking hard. Heather took him out for the nightly bathroom trip. They would wait for skeeter to finish up and all come in together. He waited at the drive way not wanting to come in because skeeter didn't join them.

We may have to get another puppy for Loki
I firmly believe that animals grieve just as much as we do when they lose a "family" member. If you're able to, try to make sure Loki has a say in any new addition. I'm glad to hear that your family if healing. Losing a pet is one of the toughest things to have to go through.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I firmly believe that animals grieve just as much as we do when they lose a "family" member. If you're able to, try to make sure Loki has a say in any new addition. I'm glad to hear that your family if healing. Losing a pet is one of the toughest things to have to go through.
Loki will go with us. He will have a say. Nothing worse than having two dogs not get along

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about your tank. You will definitely want a refugium. You can mod an aquaclear very easy.
I had been thinking about that , too, after you added yours. Would it have to be an Aquaclear? Could it be a Tidal? The reason I like Tidals so much is that they are self priming, in case of a power outage. If I remember correctly, the Aquaclear isn't self priming, right?

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been thinking about that , too, after you added yours. Would it have to be an Aquaclear? Could it be a Tidal? The reason I like Tidals so much is that they are self priming, in case of a power outage. If I remember correctly, the Aquaclear isn't self priming, right?
I have had power go out and never had to rest them. Those evening I'll do a simulated power outage to be sure.

The reason for the aquaclear is beanie they are so easy to mod. They contain all stuff for the mood.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had power go out and never had to rest them. Those evening I'll do a simulated power outage to be sure.

The reason for the aquaclear is beanie they are so easy to mod. They contain all stuff for the mood.
Awesome, thanks!

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simulated power outage. Turned of power to the tank. I waited 10 minutes flipped power back on aquaclear started running no problem. They have to be primed when empty but once going doubt loose siphon

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simulated power outage. Turned of power to the tank. I waited 10 minutes flipped power back on aquaclear started running no problem. They have to be primed when empty but once going doubt loose siphon
My concern is for when we have an hours long power outage. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. Of course, I may just be over-thinking it lol

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My concern is for when we have an hours long power outage. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen. Of course, I may just be over-thinking it lol
I understand. My lower to the tank was turned off overnight once, our cat hit the lower switch. Flipped on the tank and everything purred.

After reading from there website they are not self priming. Even though I haven't had an issue doesn't mean you won't. If it a major concern stick with the tidal. Peace of mind is always good. Stressing over a tank doesn't make having a reef much fun

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand. My lower to the tank was turned off overnight once, our cat hit the lower switch. Flipped on the tank and everything purred.

After reading from there website they are not self priming. Even though I haven't had an issue doesn't mean you won't. If it a major concern stick with the tidal. Peace of mind is always good. Stressing over a tank doesn't make having a reef much fun
I emailed Seachem to ask about modding the Tidal. I'll see what they have to say, and then go from there

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it can. Just some egg crate or something similar. Looks very similar to the aquaclear with just the pump on the inside of the tank than on the outside

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it can. Just some egg crate or something similar. Looks very similar to the aquaclear with just the pump on the inside of the tank than on the outside
Thanks for looking into it :) I couldn't find anything at all when I searched, but it was a quick search. Did you find it on YouTube?

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Seachem to ask about modding the Tidal. I'll see what they have to say, and then go from there
Thanks for looking into it :) I couldn't find anything at all when I searched, but it was a quick search. Did you find it on YouTube?
Honestly it was a reef2reef thread. That I found in a Google . Part of it stated that the tank water had to be 1/2 inch higher than the moter and impeller. But a couple of other members stated they had some that needed to be primed.

OP
OP
Erin O

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it was a reef2reef thread. That I found in a Google . Part of it stated that the tank water had to be 1/2 inch higher than the moter and impeller. But a couple of other members stated they had some that needed to be primed.
Man, I must have used the wrong wording or something. When I searched r2r, I got the Tidal reviews and people asking if the filter was suitable for SW, but I completely missed that thread ;Facepalm Thanks!

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I must have used the wrong wording or something. When I searched r2r, I got the Tidal reviews and people asking if the filter was suitable for SW, but I completely missed that thread ;Facepalm Thanks!
All good. Many people looking eventually somebody will find the info

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 62 54.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.0%
Back