Eshopps Mariner M100 + EcoTech Vectra M2 Barb Kit Issue

Airedale Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2022
Messages
216
Reaction score
288
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone running the factory blue braided return hose with the official EcoTech Vectra M2 barb kit?

I’m using the correct 1” output barb, removed the correct O-ring on the intake side only, heated the hose in hot water, and the factory hose still won’t go over the first barb. Has anyone run into this or found a solution, outside if running to the hardware store to get a lager tube?
 
Thanks, at this point I think I’ll need to connect the pump with the 1” barb to a short piece of 1” hose. I’ll use a 1”x 3/4” hose barb reducer, and might be able to keep the factory blue hose and connect it to the mariner plumbing.


I may switch out to vinyl tubing regardless as I’ll need a hose barb reducer to work with the Vectra.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new