Eshopps PF-1000 hob overflow - standpipe height?

Dr4gula.f32

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2022
Messages
303
Reaction score
157
Location
Long Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of these hob overflows used, but pretty much new for cheap. It seems the previous owner was tinkering with the standpipes. First, they are about 3mm from making a tight sealed fit, it's very strange. They have another piece of smaller acrylic tube glued inside the standpipe as some sort of vent, and it came with some maggie mufflers. I am going to make some proper fitting standpipes so they seal in the bulkhead fitting, but I am unsure how tall they are out of the box. All the photos I found online show them with a filter tube over the standpipe so I can't guess the height.
 
The pipe just sits loosely in the bulk head. It's not at all tight. The clear tube is to draw air and help reduce noise. I used a piece if airline and inserted it then move it up and down to find the sweet spot to make the overflow as quite as possible though I never got my pf800s to be silent. Are you aware you have to suck the air out of the u tube to get the syphon started? Just checking .
PS I no longer have mine but you can experiment with the height just start long and work your way down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new