ETRC "Library" Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By popular demand, The Official East TN Reef Club Coral Library Wish List begins:clap2:

The details on how the Library will work are still in the infant stages, so please be patient.

Just to inform those who are not familiar with the details:
1. We will gather a wish list from all paid ETRC members and to participate you MUST be a paid member.
2.The BOD will decide on what coral is purchased by the club and from whom the said coral is purchased from.
3. The coral purchased MUST be a minimum of 3 Polyps or Eyes.
4. A waiting list will be gathered and the "winners" will drawn randomly. (NO Cheating Justin!!!)
5. The winners of the drawing will pay a small fee to check out the coral, fee TBD.
6. The recipients will begiven a deadline to return the checked out coral, so that it can bechecked out by the next batch of members.
7. At least one Polyp or Eye will stay in the ETRC club tank at all times. (Any of the club purchased corals that are no longer requested to be checked out will be sold at the next Frag Swap and the proceeds will be used to purchase more "library" stock).
8. Once the checked out coral is due to be returned, whatever "New" growth has taken place will become yours, the new growth will be fraged and one Polyp or Eye will passed on to the next "winner".

This will be a work in progress, some rules or restrictions may change.

NOW, On with the LIST!!!
These are strictly from MY PERSONAL wish list.
PALYTHOAS AND ZOANTHIDS
Rainbow Paly
Raptor's Paly
Sunny D Paly
Candy Apple Red Zoa
Bam Bam Zoa
Rasta's
Blondies
Red Hornets
Rose Nebulas
MiamiVice
Fruit Loops
Spiderman
Superman
Utter Chaos
Valentines Day Massacre
BlueAgave
------------------------------------------
CHALICE
Pink *******
ARC Wanted
Toxic Rainbow
JF Crazy Fox
MyMiami
--------------------------------------------
If enough members request SPS corals the BOD will consider your request.
SPS
Aquaholics Tommy Knockers
Snow Cone Prostrata
Paris Hilton Milli (I hate the NAME but love the coral)
30K & 20K Lokani
Purple Monster
Bonsai Acro

Last edited:

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raging river chalice, rainbow acans (tiger tail, fruit loops, yukis perfect 10's)

Ps I have spiderman zoas, PM, and bonsai (or something ridiculously similar).

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a rainbow hammer on the way from joeknows. will be glad to share when it grows out

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zack said:
got a rainbow hammer on the way from joeknows. will be glad to share when it grows out

I have some awesome stuff coming as well I would love to share

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeramey congrats on the big win. Shockfire AND Roid Rage, your big ballin now! Can't wait to see pics.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob you don't want much do you?

My list:
Z&P:
OG vampire paly
blue agaves
blondies
jawbreakers
purple hornets

Chalice:
TDF Pink *******
TDF Rasberry Bubble yum
JKR Shockfire

LPS
Yuki's perfect 10 acan
happy endings acan

SPS
JKR Icy Acro

Last edited:

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spongie said:
Jeramey congrats on the big win. Shockfire AND Roid Rage, your big ballin now! Can't wait to see pics.

Haha. Joe sent me a pm after I fell asleep. I knocked out around 8:30 am. My wife Erin woke me up at noon saying good job, I wasted Saturday and now I had nothing show for it. Then I go back and look at the pm and thread. He ended it early lol. I had put in my 21st post right before passing out.

And Justin is right we gotta get that acro!!

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested the Club tank water last night, has about .25 Ammonia, it won't be long before the cycle is complete.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Joe sent me a pm after I fell asleep. I knocked out around 8:30 am. My wife Erin woke me up at noon saying good job, I wasted Saturday and now I had nothing show for it. Then I go back and look at the pm and thread. He ended it early lol. I had put in my 21st post right before passing out.

And Justin is right we gotta get that acro!!

I had alarms set for every hour. I went to bed about 5, my 6 alarm didnt go off, when me 7 woke me up I was so mad!!

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not into SPS at all but how could you not want this sick acro!

DSC_1793.jpg
DSC_1816.jpg

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have something fairly similar to that but I am guessing that was brought in recently and being lit up like crazy (LED or 400 watt 20k MH), hence the pale pinkish hue on the base and almost bleached lighter blue tips. Not downing the coral at all, it is GORGEOUS, simply saying that it might have a color morph after being in captivity for awhile. FYI

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's the icy acro. Seth this acro has been in captivity for awhile I believe. It's a reef raft/tyree coral. Also, Joe typically holds on to his new stuff for a little while before releasing. He's very reputable and I would not hesitate buying the piece and expecting it to look the same way once recieved and established.

Last edited:

Spongie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. As I said not doubting that it is a gorgeous coral and I know Joe of Joe knows reef definitely has some beautiful corals, he does, and I also am not implying that he is trying to mislead anyone either. To me the picture simply resembled some of the maricultured corals I have seen brought in over the years. Not to say that this isn't one of the rare ones that manages to hold 100% of its original coloration (entirely possible) or even get more colorful as it acclimates (see Rob's green deep water as an example, came in rather drab and now is stunningly highlighter green). As I have not seen this coral in person I don't always expect the corals that I buy to stay or even initially look exactly like they look in the picture. There are literally infinite possibilities of how a coral can be collected, held in transit, shipped, housed (lighting, flow, etc), and even photographed that may produce different results in someone else's tank. Again not doubting the authenticity of the coral's beauty; simply how it might look in my tank, yours, or the clubs.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean. I know that you didn't mean any negativity, and we've all seen corals morph, and it's entirely possible still, I do think that this one is stunning, and I would love to see it in person especially my tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back