Ets skimmer

sea the flea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a ets 1700 but I'm not finding any info on it if yall could help or show me some pics of urs it would be a great help ... what do u think about it??? Would u buy another one?? I'm gonna run it with a mag 24 pump
FB_IMG_1535268909417.jpeg

U

User1

View Badges
ETS or ETSS? ETSS I believe went out of business but very popular with down draft style skimmers in early 2000. I had one running on my 100 gallon but in the end it just was not consistent enough so removed it. If this isn't ETSS then disregard :)

OP
OP
S

sea the flea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ETS or ETSS? ETSS I believe went out of business but very popular with down draft style skimmers in early 2000. I had one running on my 100 gallon but in the end it just was not consistent enough so removed it. If this isn't ETSS then disregard :)
It says ets on the side

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ETS or ETSS its the same thing. They are great skimmers they do need a serious pump to drive the skimmer and can be rather large. Where mainly used on large systems. An after the last economic down turn a lot of people started setting up Nano aquariums ( under 100 gallons) and this type skimmer is not for that market.

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was super deep into the hobby when the ETS/ETSS skimmers were the cats meow. I used to run a single downdraft, about 5' tall, with an Iwaki 70 pump.

It was on a heavily loaded 225 gallon mixed reef. It ran like a banshee !!

I always wonder what happened to the owner of the company. He used to manufacturer in the basement of his house, at least when I knew him.

Other than the amount of electricity to run one, I would gladly run one today.

Back