Eunicid worm from hell

Stian Svendsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a video off my third worm I found in my 1800l reef tank. This was the smalestThey eat EVERYTHING, fish, sps, shroms.
The biggest fish they tried was a full grown black clownfish, who later died from the mucus the worm uses to take its pray.
These worm are hard to find, even this big. They only come out after the ligh has been off for many hours.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r!! Glad you got them out!!

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've removed three from my DT. My wife insisted we had five, but neither of us has seen one since I got three of them out so we hope we are good :) I'm not tearing anything apart to find them either, but when crabs and others gave input it was time for some worm hunting!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That is gross and a Nuisance to say the least. Definitely aquarium tongs and from Tank to toilet!

ScooterV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is gross and a Nuisance to say the least. Definitely aquarium tongs and from Tank to toilet!

Careful!!! I tried tongs, took off the head, and THEN was informed it would just regrow!! Sure enough!! I was lucky and moved the rock, but I had a headless worm for bit! It still moved around just fine!!

ewww. Now I feel like my wife and can understand why she is creeped out even by cool worms, lol.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Careful!!! I tried tongs, took off the head, and THEN was informed it would just regrow!! Sure enough!! I was lucky and moved the rock, but I had a headless worm for bit! It still moved around just fine!!

ewww. Now I feel like my wife and can understand why she is creeped out even by cool worms, lol.
Ewwwwww!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back