Euphilliya coming back to life?

Guy25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I came by some free corals off craigslist that someone no longer wanted. They look to be euphilliya that either was dead or looked like it was on its way out. ( 4 free frags and thought hey why not see what happens ). I know in some cases the coral tissue can still survive deep inside the skeleton even if the colorful polyps bail.

Fast forward a month in a half with a bunch of dead skeletons, I noticed these little bumps with possible polyps emerging on a couple of the "dead" skeletons...and got super excited but want to see if anyone can confirm my hopes. I tried my best on the photos but it really looks like that there are two "heads" starting to form, about midway up the skeleton of the previous coral. Photos taken with a macro lens, so in reality the polyps(?) are really quite small. What do you think based on the photos? Are they just really tiny heads? Or am I just looking at some unknown organism? Any tips are appreciated.

I do have a thriving hammer in this tank already that just had a head split so I'm assuming parameters are accommodating for nursing these euphilliya back to health.
Yesterdays weekly salifert test :
Salinity 1.026
alk 7.9
phos 0
mag 1230
calc 410

polyp1.jpg

polyp2.jpg

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep those look like little itty bitty heads, congrats

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 7 head hammer purchased as live rock (no visible polyps) 2.5 years ago.

Back