View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
600g progress j.jpg
660g 3.30a.jpg
1680049046421.png
1680049058777.png
Please check video to see flow, position and how the wavemakers have been set. I admittedly took it a bit later on in the evening since I had to leave house early in the morning the next day, so yeah... I'll try to get one under white light when I am back. I have given it a dip, which seemed to work a little, but still puffy and not as stretched.

Values:
po4: 0.03 (hanna ULR)
nitrate: 15 (salifert)
mg: 1325
ca: 390 (trying to raise again)
alk: 10
ph: 8.15

I am rather afraid that if I cut down the flow of the AOW 9 the surface agitation won't be enough.

Attachments

• stillNo.mp4
    7.1 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Please check video to see flow, position and how the wavemakers have been set. I admittedly took it a bit later on in the evening since I had to leave house early in the morning the next day, so yeah... I'll try to get one under white light when I am back. I have given it a dip, which seemed to work a little, but still puffy and not as stretched.

Values:
po4: 0.03 (hanna ULR)
nitrate: 15 (salifert)
mg: 1325
ca: 390 (trying to raise again)
alk: 10
ph: 8.15

I am rather afraid that if I cut down the flow of the AOW 9 the surface agitation won't be enough.
very similar to mine and coral looks much happier

OP
OP
Icryhard

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very similar to mine and coral looks much happier
This is under white light. May I ask why it doesn't look like the very first picture of this post (look at my original post)? Why does it look like yours is actually a healthy coral and mine looks like a piece of dead meat? If you say it's happy (or happier) then I'll accept it and assume I can safely add more corals like this one, but right now I am held back and really hesitant to buy any euphillias or fimbriaphyllias (I'd like to buy hammers as well sooner or later, but they need even less flow if I am not mistaken) due to not being able to satisfy this coral its needed from what I think.
For example: Look at how much your corals are stretched and how much green you see, compared to mine and how puffy mine looks.

Attachments

• whitelightStillNo.mp4
    6.2 MB

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is under white light. May I ask why it doesn't look like the very first picture of this post (look at my original post)? Why does it look like yours is actually a healthy coral and mine looks like a piece of dead meat? If you say it's happy (or happier) then I'll accept it and assume I can safely add more corals like this one, but right now I am held back and really hesitant to buy any euphillias or fimbriaphyllias (I'd like to buy hammers as well sooner or later, but they need even less flow if I am not mistaken) due to not being able to satisfy this coral its needed from what I think.
For example: Look at how much your corals are stretched and how much green you see, compared to mine and how puffy mine looks.
In the very first pic, the heads were slightly deflated and now look full. The one difference between yours and mine are likely our systems. I have all orphek lighting, calcium reactors, dosers, scrubber and other components
Again yours looks good and as your tank matures, it becomes more supportive.

OP
OP
Icryhard

Icryhard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the very first pic, the heads were slightly deflated and now look full. The one difference between yours and mine are likely our systems. I have all orphek lighting, calcium reactors, dosers, scrubber and other components
Again yours looks good and as your tank matures, it becomes more supportive.
If so, thank you very much for your extensive help. I appreciate it a lot. I guess my final newbie question would be: Would you recommend me to buy any extra corals if I would like to, or would this be a big no-no since it's relatively new?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If so, thank you very much for your extensive help. I appreciate it a lot. I guess my final newbie question would be: Would you recommend me to buy any extra corals if I would like to, or would this be a big no-no since it's relatively new?
There are many corals you can acquire at this time and allow tank to mature at the same time.

Candy cane coral
zoa coral
trumpet coral
Mushroom coral
Leather coral such as devil hand and toadstool
GSP - preferably branching type
duncan coral

These all share the same needs as your euphyllia and easy care

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back