Euphyllia flow too night?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrunoL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BrunoL

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2024
Messages
131
Reaction score
58
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've recently added an Euphyllia frag to my tank, I've placed it in the sand, front of the tank. The return nozzle is on the same side of the tank but up high. I'm wondering if maybe the Euphyllia has too much flow? It's opened up really nicely and appears to be doing well but it does appear to have one side that's taking the brunt of the flow.



Let me know. Thanks!
 
Maybe not too much flow, but too linear IMO. Try to arrange the powerheads to bounce the flow off each other to create random flow patterns. Ideally the polyps should be flowing back and forth.
 
I'll try, it's hard in the little Waterbox20. I have the Euphyllia front right (side of the return nozzle) and the powerhead on the left panel, so it crosses with the return stream (powerhead about 1/3 down the waterline).

Edit: perhaps a double nozzle or random flow nozzle would be better suited?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new