Too much flow for my torch coral?

PhishEDELIC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2026
Messages
102
Reaction score
180
Location
Northern NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a torch coral. My tank is mostly setup for SPS this torch is actually the only LPS in the tank. I placed it in the most “dead” flow area I could find but am wondering if this is too much.


 
Yeah that looks like tad too much flow in one direction.
A random flow generator might help if there's no other spots.
However I really really try not change up equipment and settings of my tank to accommodate one coral.
Pretty piece. 🙂
 
Yeah that looks like tad too much flow in one direction.
A random flow generator might help if there's no other spots.
However I really really try not change up equipment and settings of my tank to accommodate one coral.
Pretty piece. 🙂
I have two Vortech 10 pumps. They are synced to do reverse flow. After watching the coral for an hour it does change up. I might keep the flow but shorten the intervals so it goes back and forth more often
 
Yeah that would definitely be better giving it more back and forth motion, too much flow in one direction will rip tissue, I had it happen to my hg torch one time, definitely not fun 😖
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new