Euphyllia Flatworm?

fishdude123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn hasn't been opening fully recently, found these and I believe are Waminoa Flatworms. What should I do? I just dipped the coral and a lot came off.

IMG_0968.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0969 (1).mov
    27.2 MB

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some years ago I had a torch that started going downhill and dipped it in iodine and some flatworms came off, some of them an inch long. Torch ended up succumbing to the flatworm attack. I would dip it every few days and lightly scrub it with a toothbrush to try and wash off eggs. Good luck

OP
OP
F

fishdude123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some years ago I had a torch that started going downhill and dipped it in iodine and some flatworms came off, some of them an inch long. Torch ended up succumbing to the flatworm attack. I would dip it every few days and lightly scrub it with a toothbrush to try and wash off eggs. Good luck
Thank you. I will do just that. Are the flatworms contagious? Should I remove the coral from the main tank. I also dipped surrounding corals and found no flatworms.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will do just that. Are the flatworms contagious? Should I remove the coral from the main tank. I also dipped surrounding corals and found no flatworms.
They can migrate to other lps. I went without any torches after that till I added a couple some months ago. If possible I would definitely remove the affected coral from your dt.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the eggs hiding in the stem? Would it help to cut some off after you dip? Don’t take my advise on my word. Don’t know what I’m talking about. But maybe in the stem there are lots of places for eggs to hide. And it can survive maybe if you cut some of it off? Just a thought. Thought I’d share.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the eggs hiding in the stem? Would it help to cut some off after you dip? Don’t take my advise on my word. Don’t know what I’m talking about. But maybe in the stem there are lots of places for eggs to hide. And it can survive maybe if you cut some of it off? Just a thought. Thought I’d share.
If the part you cut off shows no signs of life inside or out then thats fine. If not sure as its hard to tell how far down viable tissue is inside the stem then thats why I mentioned scrubbing it with a toothbrush to get eggs off.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back