Euphyllia new trunk?

OysterBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a white growth downward from this euphyllia. It is somewhat hard to the touch. Does anyone know if this is a way that it might grow a new trunk, or is this some anomaly? The white spot that it is growing down onto is simply a spot that had an old frag plug that I recently removed. Thanks.

1000001170.jpg
1000001171.jpg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My quess would be "polyp bailout" or where a piece of skeleton formed seperately from the main skeleton and is forming a new polyp. If you look at the base of teh parent polyp you can see a new polyp budding off. This is more common and may be faster than the typical splitting always seen.

OP
OP
O

OysterBoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My quess would be "polyp bailout" or where a piece of skeleton formed seperately from the main skeleton and is forming a new polyp. If you look at the base of teh parent polyp you can see a new polyp budding off. This is more common and may be faster than the typical splitting always seen.
Thanks. I've never seen this before so I was curious. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it to see how it progresses.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back