threebuoys

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to make some frags
I haven't thought about that. Anything I need to do other than breaking off a heath branch and gluing to a plug? Any dips? If so, what, how long? Other?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the first step to take in all bleach events is to lower your light levels and sustain it that way a while. from the -30% less intensity angle, work up causatives. failure to delay light power drop is a top killer in bleach/crash events from any impetus.

a lowering of light levels can't hurt any reef on the site. it's a cloudy session, not a big deal, but it's a big deal in bleach arrest for sure. it's #1 move first position, all else comes after.

OP
OP
threebuoys

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the first step to take in all bleach events is to lower your light levels and sustain it that way a while. from the -30% less intensity angle, work up causatives. failure to delay light power drop is a top killer in bleach/crash events from any impetus.
Nope, can't do that, If you notice on my posts, this is the only coral of many in my tank that's affected. Diminished lighting would harm all of the others.

In no way is this a crash event. It's a 125 gallon tank, not a pico. With probably 25 or more thriving corals.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clearly you got this, going off your post title.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say lack of humility will be the second cause of tissue loss for your corals. it didn't seem like you had a plan in your title but were asking from those who've ran plans before. I must have got that backwards.

why not randomly order some antibiotics and dose them as you see fit, that's literally what the masses do first go in your case.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
threebuoys

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say lack of humility will be the second cause of tissue loss for your corals. it didn't seem like you had a plan in your title but were asking from those who've ran plans before. I must have got that backwards.

why not randomly order some antibiotics and dose them as you see fit, that's literally what the masses do first go in your case.
Come on Brandon, I wasn't rude or arrogant. Just gave the facts.

Thanks for your link. I'll read it.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the thought but

Naa, don't think so unless this species is more susceptible to low Alkalinity than others. Alkalinity has been in this range for very long time and other species are doing good. The death has occurred only in the last 3 days. Since I got the coral in December, it has grown more densely but not much taller. I suppose it could be the way waterflow hits it now, but that is difficult to measure.
not sure about that species.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 3 photo - still advancing quickly

1712248275736.png
i world start cutting whats good. i had rtn before and i tried fragging what was good and still lost everything.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't thought about that. Anything I need to do other than breaking off a heath branch and gluing to a plug? Any dips? If so, what, how long? Other?

I would only dip if i suspected pests. Not looking to stress it out more. Yes, just cut off healthy pieces and mount on new plug.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i world start cutting whats good. i had rtn before and i tried fragging what was good and still lost everything.
Same with my piccolopora colony. Lucky it shot some babies out and the colony was preserved . Except now I'm ready to cut it out of the tank. Lol not that I have precious acros

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with my piccolopora colony. Lucky it shot some babies out and the colony was preserved . Except now I'm ready to cut it out of the tank. Lol not that I have precious acros
i had the exact same thing happen to a colony of yellow tip acro. I cut off all the good, mounted to new plugs and they died as well.

Beefyreefy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I mean it’s sps, it can happen for literally no reason. I too have found birds nests to be finicky, like they do well when people don’t know what they are doing but they die when things are spot on and all other corals are fine.

OP
OP
threebuoys

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par is about 220 where the coral is placed, about 12 inches below the surface.

I suspect some may say the par should be higher for the SPS. I could crank it up but sounds like the best bet at the moment is to get some clean frags from the one that seems to be dying.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back