Euphyllia sensitive to blackout?

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a dino problem so wanted to do a blackout. They seem pretty light sensitive and go away right when the lights are dimming. Anyways I have some euphyllia that I really like and are they sensitive to this? I also have a chalice, some mushrooms, 2 leathers, zoas, alvepora, gonipora, and a Duncan,
Thank you!
Edit: the euphyllia are 2 torches, 2 hammers and one frogspawn

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a dino problem so wanted to do a blackout. They seem pretty light sensitive and go away right when the lights are dimming. Anyways I have some euphyllia that I really like and are they sensitive to this? I also have a chalice, some mushrooms, 2 leathers, zoas, alvepora, gonipora, and a Duncan,
Thank you!
Edit: the euphyllia are 2 torches, 2 hammers and one frogspawn
The only euphyllia in that list are the torches. Hammers and frogs are fimbriaphyllia

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh. i had no idea! they will be fine for a 3 day blackout though right?

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would strongly reccomend not doing a blackout. They do nothing for Dino’s, yes they get rid of them for a bit but their still there waiting to come back you just don’t see them. Best way to get rid of them is get a microscope and put them under that to identify which species it is then take action. Depending on species there are different ways to eradicate but none are blackouts

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree
I would strongly reccomend not doing a blackout. They do nothing for Dino’s, yes they get rid of them for a bit but their still there waiting to come back you just don’t see them. Best way to get rid of them is get a microscope and put them under that to identify which species it is then take action. Depending on species there are different ways to eradicate but none are blackouts

Dino’s are usually caused by inbalanced nitrate and phos, by chance are your phosphate extremely low? Or maybe your nitrates are extremely low? Dinos thrive in low nitrate/phosphate environments. Instead of a blackout try raising nutrients. This will get rid of the problem over a few weeks. It worked for me

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did get a microscope, got one ID and they said it was something crypto and it wasnt toxic, the one i have definitely is, i have gotten a UV sterilizer which seems to have helped, also dosing mircobacter 7 and H202 for a little bit now. my nitrate and phos were at 0 zero about a month ago, i feel that this is weird, but the second i started raising my nitrate and phos they started to show up.

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am no scientist, and they all looks the same to me under the microscope, but they were def dinos and are toxic.

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am no scientist, and they all looks the same to me under the microscope, but they were def dinos and are toxic.
There are people on here that will ID it for you. I don’t know what the different strains look like but many people who are willing to help do

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did get an id but i dont really think that it was correct, but it could of been, and i have multiple strains

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back