euphyllia eating flatoworm starvation period?

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
basically the title i had euphyllia eating flatworms in my tank and i only owned one frogspawn so i just threw it away and i havnt seen them in about 3-4 months so im wondering if you can starve them out by removing the euphyllia or if they are just hiding in rocks? they didnt bother anything besides the frogspawn and about a week after i removed it i stopped seeing them so of course nothing is bothered by them now either but now i want to add some euphyllia back into the tank.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1708537138258.png

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i snagged a few heads of hammers and frog spawns about a week ago and so far no flat worms and only happy euphyllia as far as i can tell. i guess noone had a answer to this question so i will keep this updated with my experience. looking at the last date i had euphyllia in the tank there was a 85 day period where no euphyllia was in the tank.

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
If they are Euphyllia eating flatworms, they will starve eventually if nothing to eat. No idea on time line but I’d imagine 3 months at least for eggs and adults to starve out? No clue really. I’ve never ran into them. I’d assume there could be adults in the tank as they could have been in search of more hosts to infect.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back