Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting 3 different tanks:

A 30 gallon Quarantine tank that sits on my office
A 46 gallon Bowfront acrylic tank that sits on my living room
A 125 gallon standard tank that sits on my tank.

I am trying to equip them as much as i can but i am on a budget. So i am resourcing as much as i can to second hand equipment or generic alternatives.

Return pump i got jebao dcp-3500 , SCA -302 Protein skimmer , repurposed an old wet /dry as sump (no bioballs) , Nicrew reef led 100w with the led controller ( clone of kessil spectral) for the 46 gal. This tank will be softie tank with some clowns and other smaill fish , may be some duncans and candy canes.

For the quarantine i am going with a seachem tidal filter an aquaknigt 30 watt light , some live rock over a bare bottom.

The 125 gallon i want it to be a mixed reef mostly soft and lps and some easy sps . I currently have for it 2 150w Euroquatic Led angel a1p's and i got 1 Maxspect Razor 120 w . The Euroquatic are new old stock that i got from ebay dirty cheap (80 usd) . Maxspect is in good shape , old model but works , got it from somebody that went out of the hobby among other stuff. Got also a bubble magus roller .

Do anybody know about the Euroquatics ?

they seem very well made , made in holland . Materials feel solid , light is good .

I know the company went out of business , that is a shame as the lights have wifi , were modular and look well made . Only con is that app was deprecated. Not a big issue as i was able to download an old version of the app for android.

I know i could go with Nicrew or Smartfarm for some modern cheap lights for the 125 gal . But honestly the build quality does not feel good. That is why decided to go the route of finding some used equipment.

Do you think the output should be enough for my purpose on the 125 . I am just coming back to the hobby after some good time off (switched country).

OP
OP
miguelvega76

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting 3 different tanks: A 30 gallon Quarantine tank that sits on my office A 46 gallon Bowfront acrylic tank that sits on my living room A 125 gallon standard tank that sits on my tank. I am trying to equip them as much as i can but i am on a budget. So i am resourcing as much as i can to second hand equipment or generic alternatives. Return pump i got jebao dcp-3500 , SCA -302 Protein skimmer , repurposed an old wet /dry as sump (no bioballs) , Nicrew reef led 100w with the led controller ( clone of kessil spectral) for the 46 gal. This tank will be softie tank with some clowns and other smaill fish , may be some duncans and candy canes. For the quarantine i am going with a seachem tidal filter an aquaknigt 30 watt light , some live rock over a bare bottom. The 125 gallon i want it to be a mixed reef mostly soft and lps and some easy sps . I currently have for it 2 150w Euroquatic Led angel a1p's and i got 1 Maxspect Razor 120 w . The Euroquatic are new old stock that i got from ebay dirty cheap (80 usd) . Maxspect is in good shape , old model but works , got it from somebody that went out of the hobby among other stuff. Got also a bubble magus roller . Do anybody know about the Euroquatics ? they seem very well made , made in holland . Materials feel solid , light is good . I know the company went out of business , that is a shame as the lights have wifi , were modular and look well made . Only con is that app was deprecated. Not a big issue as i was able to download an old version of the app for android. I know i could go with Nicrew or Smartfarm for some modern cheap lights for the 125 gal . But honestly the build quality does not feel good. That is why decided to go the route of finding some used equipment. Do you think the output should be enough for my purpose on the 125 . I am just coming back to the hobby after some good time off (switched country).
I am starting 3 different tanks: A 30 gallon Quarantine tank that sits on my office A 46 gallon Bowfront acrylic tank that sits on my living room A 125 gallon standard tank that sits on my tank. I am trying to equip them as much as i can but i am on a budget. So i am resourcing as much as i can to second hand equipment or generic alternatives. Return pump i got jebao dcp-3500 , SCA -302 Protein skimmer , repurposed an old wet /dry as sump (no bioballs) , Nicrew reef led 100w with the led controller ( clone of kessil spectral) for the 46 gal. This tank will be softie tank with some clowns and other smaill fish , may be some duncans and candy canes. For the quarantine i am going with a seachem tidal filter an aquaknigt 30 watt light , some live rock over a bare bottom. The 125 gallon i want it to be a mixed reef mostly soft and lps and some easy sps . I currently have for it 2 150w Euroquatic Led angel a1p's and i got 1 Maxspect Razor 120 w . The Euroquatic are new old stock that i got from ebay dirty cheap (80 usd) . Maxspect is in good shape , old model but works , got it from somebody that went out of the hobby among other stuff. Got also a bubble magus roller . Do anybody know about the Euroquatics ? they seem very well made , made in holland . Materials feel solid , light is good . I know the company went out of business , that is a shame as the lights have wifi , were modular and look well made . Only con is that app was deprecated. Not a big issue as i was able to download an old version of the app for android. I know i could go with Nicrew or Smartfarm for some modern cheap lights for the 125 gal . But honestly the build quality does not feel good. That is why decided to go the route of finding some used equipment. Do you think the output should be enough for my purpose on the 125 . I am just coming back to the hobby after some good time off (switched country).

So , i was able to update the firmware on the euroquatics led angels using firmware found on this forum. I was able to found the old app for android on an apk repository. I could program them and link them using "euronet" . The feature is cool as it does not need cables to use them as master slave. You can program them using a web page or the phone. The build quality is top notch . These ran 700 each when they were released. I got them new in box from ebay , no signs at all of usage. They were 80 usd a piece for a 150w led light that is wifi enabled and can control five channels

I also tested the nicrew 100w on my 46 gal bow front with the hyper reef controller. It is good overall.
I got a Aquaknight 2nd gen for my 29 gallon that is used as quarantine tank. It was used , light is good for the wattage , but is cumbersome to program. That is a dirty cheap light but you get what you pay , i would prefer the nicrew. I have not done a lot of testing on the maxspect.

Any feedback or experience that you can share would be greatly appreciated

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if you ever got the angel led to work? I saw some of the 95 watt ones on ebay and was considering them.

OP
OP
miguelvega76

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i got them working . I got the firmware from this forum. I downloaded the old app from android repository of old apps. I was able to use the web interface to create my schedules. So basically you use the phone app to get the ip and use the quick settings like mood modes and presets. Then you can use the web interface to configure new schedules and update firmware. I got mine from the same vendor that sells the 90w . The build quality is good. Is just new old stock. Company went out of business , that is unfortunate as the build quality is pretty good. The price is a bargain 80 usd with shipping.

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did purchase some from the same guys you did. I am unable to connect through the web interface. The app keeps giving me some generic ip address. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

OP
OP
miguelvega76

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i can put together a list of the things i did to get them running like a little tutorial. Will try to get it done this weekend . I really liked the likes. Needed some work but i think they are very good value.

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that, but I got it al figured out. Just took some time. Really great lights though! Unfortunately I have a loud ring from one of the blue channels on certain settings, but the seller is sending me a new one. Thanks friend!

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There anymore of those lights on eBay? I had no idea they were on there. I’m not very familiar with eBay. Found the 95w ones but not the 150. I’d love to get a couple of them. Great lights once you get the interface figured out

shermoen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only found the 95 watt ones. But they really are some good lights. Best budget option right now. 40 bucks each plus shipping.

OP
OP
miguelvega76

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only found the 95 watt ones. But they really are some good lights. Best budget option right now. 40 bucks each plus shipping.
I got 2 150w from the same ebay seller and have been working good so far. Much better quality build than the nicrew. I have not found them on any other place.

OP
OP
miguelvega76

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Below is the latest firmware for the a1pro . They are great lights , other than changing the battery , they are perfect . All metal casing , 7 channels to control in 1% increments 165w . Price is great . I will get some of the 90w on ebay before they get sold out.

Attachments

• euroquatics-remote-win.zip
    55.2 MB · Views: 52
  • Euroquatics leds.zip
    652.5 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
miguelvega76

miguelvega76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the android app it is not on the playstore anymore , but i was able to install it on my old android tablet and phone

Attachments

• Euroquatics Remote v1_1.0_.apk.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 62

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I registered just to ask you about these lights. I have a few I am running and wondered if updating the firmware makes a difference and if you figured out how to use "euronet" as an access point like is implied it should work in the manual.
Mine I have to directly connect to euronet using the IP address 10.0.0.10. They stopped turning on in the morning randomly until I direct connect to euronet with my laptop.
The first couple weeks I could just put the IP in and go to the control panel for the light but now only connecting to euronet via wifi works.
I did the WPS connection and the manual says it should act like an access point for my wifi but that's not how it seems to work. I don't know how to load apps onto my phone that aren't from the play store. Should I be figuring that out?
Are these issues you have had, and you mentioned the battery in one of your posts, should I take these apart and replace a battery?
thanks ahead of time for any help

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I registered just to ask you about these lights. I have a few I am running and wondered if updating the firmware makes a difference and if you figured out how to use "euronet" as an access point like is implied it should work in the manual.
Mine I have to directly connect to euronet using the IP address 10.0.0.10. They stopped turning on in the morning randomly until I direct connect to euronet with my laptop.
The first couple weeks I could just put the IP in and go to the control panel for the light but now only connecting to euronet via wifi works.
I did the WPS connection and the manual says it should act like an access point for my wifi but that's not how it seems to work. I don't know how to load apps onto my phone that aren't from the play store. Should I be figuring that out?
Are these issues you have had, and you mentioned the battery in one of your posts, should I take these apart and replace a battery?
thanks ahead of time for any help
Updating the firmware and web interface (you need to do both) changes how you connect to your home network. Instead of using the WPS button, there is a selection in the web interface (via the 10.0.0.10 connection) to switch to your wifi network ( opens the usual window requesting your wifi password). Although it makes it easier to connect, the stability is still sketchy and usually required the reboot of my router after a day or two so I still do the direct wifi thing with my laptop when needed. As for the battery, if your lights don't keep the time after a power outage then it needs replacing. Take either end cap off (T10 torx screws) and then the back (top) panel off and the battery holder is along the circuit board edge off center. It's a cr2025 battery but I used CR2032 because that's what I had.

adam87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are great lights! They are similar to the G4's. I run 6 of them!
IMG_20230505_211120206_HDR.jpg

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have 8 of them on my big tank I need to do the updates I am starting to have issues.

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Batteries...I just found out about batteries...dam the easy things in life. Thanks to all I. This forum for this.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back