Evaporation of Dosing Containers

jeremym77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I was wondering if I should worry about evaporation from my dosing containers. I dose brightwell reefcode a/b and have drilled holes in the caps of the 2L jugs to fit the tubing down and have made the hole big enough so i wouldn't have to worry about creating a vacuum. My concern is that my tank is small at 25 gallons so the 2L i currently use would last around a year. Should i get smaller containers that hold around 1 months supply of additives instead?

OP
OP
J

jeremym77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not going to see much if any evaporation if the containers are sealed for the most part.
Thanks for the fast response! Even if its over a long period of time like a year? For example I use 6ml of alkalinity supplement a day, and with a 2L dosing container, that would yield around 333.33 days worth of alk additives.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the fast response! Even if its over a long period of time like a year? For example I use 6ml of alkalinity supplement a day, and with a 2L dosing container, that would yield around 333.33 days worth of alk additives.
It's going to be negligible (unless we're talking about an open lid). The better the seal the less potential evaporation you'll have.

OP
OP
J

jeremym77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, i will just stick with the 2L containers for convenience then. Thanks for the help everyone!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back