Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

eland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to teach Scuba and owned a couple of Dive Stores. I traveled the Carribean and enjoyed everything about the sport but mostly the satisification it gave me knowing how many people that I had shared my passion with. I am older now and I am able to do almost the same thing but with my reef tanks.

L3leedingstar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the great ability it has to control my mind. It has taught me a great deal of patients as well as other good traits I was lacking. And after all there could be worse addictions, so in this one case this is an addiction I love having !

kmacartney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing about reefing is the blending of art and science that happens in all of our tanks!

Snprhed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in the midwest, and we were pretty poor. I remember first time I saw a saltwater aquarium. I was absolutely amazed. I knew that some day I would have one. Many years later I was able to get my own. That was 1992, I have had a tank in some form or another since then. Its not just a hobby, its a dream!

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Favorite Part about the reefkeeping Hobby is the community that has sprung up around it. I have made countless friends because of this glass box of water in my house and the animals that reside within it. I believe that the hobby has changed my life for the better by giving me something to focus my time and energy on when things seem to be frazzling around me.

Lance6270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the memories of when I was in PR for a month and took diving lessons
and the colors of the ocean there. It gives me a piece of it to look at every
day. I am also able to adjust it to my liking and grow out corals and share
them with other reefers in the area as to do my little part and try and help
the ocean by cutting down on what is taken from it.

saltyg135er

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it how my fishes will swim happily towards me when I come home after a long day of work. After being so tired from work, reefing will give me the extra to feed my fishes and corals. I love the peacefulness that I get when I just stare and watch my corals with my fishes swim by. This makes me feel like I'm escaping to my own underwater world and I always look track of time.

Last edited:

MoneyPit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about this hobby is being able to sit and enjoy my own little ocean. It is very relaxing after a long week on the road. I even enjoy all the cleaning and dosing and testing and, well you know... It's also great when i am watching The Discovery Channel or Nova and I see something I have/had in my tank. Just this weekend I saw some Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and I was yelling, look look I had 2 of those.

twintrades

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a favorite. But to see my 1st child run up to the tank and say daddy look just melts my heart. She loves the tank. And just discoverd snails. ( ewwww) :bigsmile:

And to see the looks of people that dont even know that corals are living Its price less.

bannshy

Why be Normal?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of reefing is watching the growth of the corals. I really love it when I see colors changing. Like when the get brighter or the color gets richer. I have met a ton of amazing people through reefing. I do enjoy the soft sound of water as it cycles threw the tank.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reeding is having an amazing hobby I share with my wife. I love coming home and watching the tank to relax, my own piece of the ocean.

amonchak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is to watching a small coral frag grow into a large colony over time knowing that I had a little something to do with it.

lurchw00t

Wham Bam Shazaam!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is trying to figure out all the colors I can't see because I am colorblind. :hammer:

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this is so hard to do. I love watching all the living creatures in my little reef. The ocean is such an amazing creation. There is so much life how could anyone doubt the hand of God in such a thing? It is amazing to me that we as hobbyist can recreate an environment that will sustain such abundant life. Also there is a great community of reefers that I have been blessed with getting to know. I love this hobby and could not imagine not having a reef tank in my life.

CoralFever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part is the build/design. Seems like every tank I finish brings new ideas for the next one. Someday I'll learn to just enjoy it, :tongue: LOL

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My favorite attribute of reefing is the challenge of keeping delicate organisms alive and thriving. I relish the challenge and prefer to try delicate, harder to keep corals. Also, the coloration on these animals is simply amazing as it basically looks like living art in your room! Why hang something as static as a painting when you could set up a reef tank which is exponentially more pleasing to the eye?:)

tigre44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of reefing is the relaxation it gives me at the end of the day. I also enjoy the wide variety of organisms available their shapes and colors. I enjoy watching new growth and seeing them reproduce. Lastly I have met some great people in the hobby and industry.

ixouttheeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is that it effectively reduces my blood pressure from hypertension levels to normal levels without any medication!

MarkSativa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to say that reefing has brought My family closer together. The reef tank has been a major therapeutic solution in my house hold. I found that this tank in the living room has forced us to work together as one. We all look at the reef a little different than the next. So we diagnose problems differently and discuss the tank and how we can make it better. The family and myself love this box in are home and would truly be lost without it.

ndmrslp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about keeping a reef tank is the way that it can be easily rearranged to look like something new and different, so it's never boring to watch. It's easy to add a new color or coral and create new views and keep things fresh. I love the bright vibrant colors of the fish and their different personalties and watching how they interact with their environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back