Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is tank watching with my seven month old, hoping that we cab enjoy the hobby together when he gets older like my father and me did.

ibix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still new to this reef keeping but what I like best so far is the different kind of inhabiants we can all have in our tanks. I like the coarls the best so far but also watching how the fish get along or don't depending on them. I also like all the options that we have when setting up the tanks like rock layouts and lighting and all.

dagrinch65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is starring into my tank for hours watching all the fish and corals. It is such a stess reducer it's amazing. It even calms my father down so much that his blood pressure has dropped and he has reduced the amount iof medication he takes. Aquarium life is so soothing and calming it's amazing. Also, I'm just amazed at all the different species and bright colors of different corals.

iamsammy84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about reefing is how amazing and peaceful something can be. Yes, it does take a lot of time and effort, but seeing friends and families checking it out in awe and them asking a lot of questions to want to know more about reefing is amazing. Why snorkle when you can check out your own tank? hehe

denash

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's difficult to pin point it to just a couple of favorites, but I love the feeling of finally seeing the corals you worked so hard for begin to grow and thrive, I love the ability to have a fish from a part of the world that I may never visit come and eat right out of my finger tips. I also enjoy setting up and tinkering with the gadgets that allow us to provide the proper living environment for our fish and corals.

Acezwild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the best part would have to be Keeping an Ocean in your house. Its a whole complete different world and being able to have a piece of that has been an amazing experience it teaches me how fragile other life forms can be. Another thing I enjoy is the colors people have no idea how many colors are in a reef till you see it for yourself its an incredible experience for sure and I enjoy sharing that with many others. Its also like a therapy how many times when your mad you sit infront of your tank and in seconds your relaxed just watching the fishes and corals move side to side.

Kerscht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part about reefing is collecting unique corals that are packed with color and interesting features. I love all the people that I meet in this hobby and the opportunity to get together at events to discuss the hobby and ways to improve the success and create a better enviornment for the corals to flourish.

buhumphrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reefing because it's so relaxing! I could sit in front of my aquarium and watch the fish, corals, crabs, starfish, shrimp, and snails for hours. I love watching everything grow.

Chipie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the challenges is keep trowing at me. If it was too easy, i would eventually loose interest. But there's no chance of that with a tank full of sps. And i have made some friends all over the country because of this hobby. Can't ask for more can i? Being a seasonal worker, i have lots of time to enjoy and take care of my tank. I sometimes think of it like a garden and enjoy so much to watch thing grow. What a great hobby!

Last edited:

mudfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lived in south Florida all my life, and been in and on the water all that time. I love being able to recreate some small piece of the living reef in my house, and bring those creatures close to me.

clcampuz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the tropical vacation in a box. It takes me to the great barrier reef and beyond, without the worry of getting eaten by sharks (I thank Jaws for that fear):squigglemouth:. The salt creep on my armpits and coraline on my arm are just part of the maintenance :wink:.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well 374 posts minus revs first and last means 372 where I got my number puts ricwiily in the 7th spot congrats.....
66a25e30.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 83 61.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back