Everything is spawning

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
73,554
Location
Long Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not exactly everything but 3 pairs that I know of. Last night just before the lights went off I noticed the mandarins swimming up the back wall of the tank, the male had a twinkle in his eye and They started to spawn.
This female I bought as a very skinny young fish. The reason I bought her was to save her from the store where she would have starved. I built her a feeder that dispensed new born brine shrimp for about 2 hours a day. My tank is old and doesn't need extra food but I like to putz around and the thing worked so well and the fish like it so much that I left the thing in there.
She gradually fattened up and the old male found her yesterday.
I don't know if they spawned before and I won't be looking for the eggs in this 6' long tank.
I also have a pair of some type of stripped, red cardinals that spend all their time in a bottle, (There is a song with that name) I know they are spawning because they are also obese.
My fireclowns also spawn and the male is a 19 year old Geezer who still got it.
But they have been spawning for years.
I didn't look at the tank this morning because the lights are not on yet but I think I also added to many fish and probably exceeded the carrying capacity of the tank. This week alone I added 3 chalk bass, a glass cardinal and a large clam. I don't know how many fish are in there but I would imagine about 30 or so. I also really need to change some water but I don't think that will happen until after the new year. It has already been a couple of months, but I will get to it.
IMG_2312.jpg
 
Very cool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new