Evo 13.5 Intank media chamber 1 setup

LI2NC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an EVO 13.5 that just bought an Intank Media basket for chamber1 and I am not sure what media to put in it. Chamber 1 top section is going to be floss but am not sure what to put in the middle or bottom sections. Carbon? Chemi pure blue, other media? Chamber 2 has a lot of bio balls and the third chamber has my upgraded return pump and heater. What are people using for their middle and bottom sections in chamber 1?

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have filter pad in the top, chemipure blue in 2nd, and a strip of Poly-filter in the bottom. seems to work for me.

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an EVO 13.5 that just bought an Intank Media basket for chamber1 and I am not sure what media to put in it. Chamber 1 top section is going to be floss but am not sure what to put in the middle or bottom sections. Carbon? Chemi pure blue, other media? Chamber 2 has a lot of bio balls and the third chamber has my upgraded return pump and heater. What are people using for their middle and bottom sections in chamber 1?
I have an IM Nuvo Fusion 15 and 10 gallon, and InTank media baskets in each. I use cheap poly-fil first, followed by some carbon, followed by some extra bio media. I probably don't need the bio media in the basket, but I like having extra to start other tanks with if needed. And many prefer ChemiPure Blue or ChemiPure Elite as their carbon of choice. Both of these products have added phosphate reducers in addition to activated carbon.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chamber 1: Original black carbon pad cut in half , Filter Floss, bio media.

Chamber 2: a 4 level media Chamber that has Red Sea Carbon, Phosguard, Chemi Pure Elite, and more bio media.

Chamber 3: Heater and some more filter Floss with a bag of the original Evo bio media.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back