OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would hope so anyway....I think some kids are just bad no matter what you do they just have evil in them.....

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a kid with absolutely nothing to lose in terms of home life, and a bunch of gang friends to impress, likely.

Of course, he could just be antisocial as all get out, but.... a 71 year old woman????

:( Terrible...
Laurie

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree.........parenting. Its harder to raise children with both parents working, or in a single parent household, but if you took the time to have the child you need to take the TIME to raise them. There are way too many kids in this country learning their life lessons in the streets, and not from their parents.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is crazy! I am a deputy sheriff (in the county the borders Philadelphia!!!), and this month I had the honor of working our county's Youth Center. You wouldn't believe the number of burglaries, robberies, and sexually motivated crimes the youths perform that isn't publicized because they aren’t certified and tried as adults!!!

And when you see their parents come into court...you understand that the lack of parenting is what got them there!!!

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I teach in the city that Steve works in and I also can vouch for the deplorable parenting thats going on in these communities.. My school has set a side one class period a week, just so teachers can be parents to a small group of students. Its crazy how these families really are.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughters always want to know why they are not allowed to hang out with their friends where I can't keep tabs on them.... They make me feel mean at times, but then I read stuff like that- and I am WAY glad thesekids aren't around my kids.

I took these pics of Ashlynn (In the black shirt) and her best friend right before a 5th grade dance this summer. I want her to stay like this forever- no worries, no sadness- just glee with no idea anyone would want to hurt you. :D

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00010-1.jpg

ecf67b65.jpg

:D
Laurie

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. My oldest, Shayna, is now 14, and a Freshman. She thinks for herself. Isn't generally a 'follower'. Is actually polite, most of the time. Gets mad at times because we dont let her do some of the things a few of her friends do, without supervision, but that doesn't even last the night. :)

Gotta say, I'm pretty proud of her, so far. ;)

christmasshayna.jpg

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll put my vote in for parenting as well. That's not to say that all parents of 'bad' kids are blatently bad parents (though many are), some of them are single parents barely making it, working long hours to feed their kids, and just not there to know what their kids are doing and who they are with.

Personally, I think people should have to pass a battery of tests to be able to breed.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's beautiful Larry! I am currently entrenched in the "When am I old enough to wear makeup" fight. Personally, I don't think Ashlynn needs any, but I am being worn down slowly. I have so far agreed to colored lip gloss and anything clear and sparkly, but htat is it... Who ever taught Shayna must have taught her well- I see alot of kids at the high schools atm wearing 80's style eye makeup. Wasn't once enough??? NEON blue eyeshadow (and fuschia) belongs in the trash, imo!! And, put...those...leggings...down!!!

:D
Laurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS I also nixed a camo mini skirt this year. I got tears, seriously... what 10 1/2 year old even needs to know minis EXIST??? Much less have them marketed to her in her size... I keep telling her that minis signal to men/half grown boys that the girl wearing it is saying she is ready for things she really is not. Of course, all she hears is "Blah Blah Blah Blah NO"

:(
Laurie

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ug. My daughter just turned 6, and she knows minis EXIST! And the leggings...lol...with the lace trim on the bottom? Hey, they're so 80's but at least they cover her. Amanda is going through that size where she's halfway between the "4-6X" clothes and the "7-14" clothes...and man does it make a differance. Why are designers in such a hurry to make kids mini-teens? Jeans are cut low and so narrow in the butt and thighs. And shorts and skirts are so short. I think I'll start dressing her out of the boys department. LOL. And dang that Happy Bunny.....*I'm* allowed to laugh at him, but its so hard to explain to a 6 year old why she can't wear tee's that say 'Boys Suck'. I have to resist the urge to buy me that 'Cute but Psycho' shirt because if I wear da'bunny she'll want to wear da'bunny. :roll:

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, we've had the 'short skirt' discussion a couple times already this year and its only the 2nd week of school. ;)

The lip gloss and glittery body stuff is where the kids started also. My 8 year old is doing that now.

rmhuntley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, My 7yo is also in that mid sized phase. apparently once you reach size 7, it is almost a requirement to become a micro-stripper. mini skirts and half tops and all that stuff makes me sick. When did we stop letting little girls BE little girls? sorry, sore subject

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back