Exotic Marine Systems

iGotJokess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone been able to get in contact with them lately? I’m hoping they’re still doing business during this time, but was just curious if anyone had any info.

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to contact them as well, as I need a new overflow for my tank being built, but not heard anything back. I just need to find out about how it works with the overflow and when it would be ready for my tank builder since they need to drill the holes before building the tank.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you need two? EMS will make you just about whatever length you need. Using a single 32” on my 96” tank.

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that have EMS, do you have problems with fish getting in? That is one thing that does worry me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank?

450. Overflow must do two things - enable adequate surface skimming (mostly a function of skim box length) and handle adequate GPH (mostly a function of bulkhead size). My 32" MM overflow handles surface skimming just fine and is rated to handle up to 3,000 GPH, though I run it much less than that. Dual overflow just adds unnecessary complexity. If you must have a longer internal skim box than @TaylorPilot can easily make, you can butt two up against each other to feed a single external box. He did something like that for me for an upcoming build.

IMG_1609.jpg

fishstix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to getting mine, but I have a lot of small fish, I am worr
450. Overflow must do two things - enable adequate surface skimming (mostly a function of skim box length) and handle adequate GPH (mostly a function of bulkhead size). My 32" MM overflow handles surface skimming just fine and is rated to handle up to 3,000 GPH, though I run it much less than that. Dual overflow just adds unnecessary complexity. If you must have a longer internal skim box than @TaylorPilot can easily make, you can butt two up against each other to feed a single external box. He did something like that for me for an upcoming build.

IMG_1609.jpg
That is great. Looking forward to getting mine, but I am worried about my small fish getting into the weir. Do you have any concerns about this? I am wondering if I could make something to cover up the in-take holes so smaller fish don't get in.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great. Looking forward to getting mine, but I am worried about my small fish getting into the weir. Do you have any concerns about this? I am wondering if I could make something to cover up the in-take holes so smaller fish don't get in.

I guess it depends on how small is small LOL. Imagine smaller fish would go through the slots, though if you have access to the rear box and use strainers, it should be easy enough to get them out. You could also back the slot with something like gutter guard. You'd just need to keep an eye out for any clogging.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the 32" EM box as well on my 72" 210G tank and love it! super quiet and moves a ton of water, super happy with it.
I have had 1 small anthia end up inside the box, but was easily scooped back out. To fix that "issue" you can simply add a small 1" piece of Gutter guard to the inside of the box.
I did this on my old 70G tank for about 3 years and it worked wonders and never caused any flow issues or got clogged

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_1609.jpg
Mainly wanted two boxes because wanted to run two of the drains as full siphon

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back