Experience with Lysmata Californica?

  • Thread starter Thread starter yuzu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

yuzu

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2020
Messages
36
Reaction score
21
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought 2 'peppermint shrimp' from different shops in the UK this week, only to realise they are both the Californica type and are a cold water species. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. I haven't witnessed them eat any aiptasia yet but neither have they done anything harmful. One was in hiding until I bought another today and now they are both very active, so I guess I'll see what happens tonight.
 
No experience, had to look these up myself. I live fairly close to Catalina Island here in CA and I am wondering who is collecting these to import into the UK? It is an evil business, imo, and I will send up an alert to the local wardens that this might be happening. Love to see it stopped.

According to the link these will die fairly quickly unless you drop your tank temperatures.
Thanks for posting. Sorry you got these in the mail.

zombie GIF
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new