Experiences with BRS reef chili?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tbone28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tbone28

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2021
Messages
113
Reaction score
66
Location
Bay Area
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bottle of BRS reef chili, and wonder how much benefit it has for acros (or is it meant more for LPS?). Did it cause excess PO4? algal blooms? Did it increase nitrates?
 
You didn't see any benefit to your SPS? I am trying to raise nitrates and not PO4 (0.08-1), so was hoping I could I could kill 2 birds by supplemental SPS feedings while raising nitrates
 
I’ve had luck with BeneReef raising N without raising P, but I’d imagine results may vary from tank to tank.
 
You didn't see any benefit to your SPS? I am trying to raise nitrates and not PO4 (0.08-1), so was hoping I could I could kill 2 birds by supplemental SPS feedings while raising nitrates
Nothing.i feed my fish that's it..more fish more growth and color for SPS.simple
 
I have a tank full of tangs so already feed pretty heavy. Makes me nervous to feed anymore, as I already do weekly water changes and run GFO. My PO4 is 0.08-.1 with this routine.

I went ahead and ordered sodium nitrate. Will dose that and see how things go
 
I have a tank full of tangs so already feed pretty heavy. Makes me nervous to feed anymore, as I already do weekly water changes and run GFO. My PO4 is 0.08-.1 with this routine.

I went ahead and ordered sodium nitrate. Will dose that and see how things go
Yeah, if your nitrate are low, then PO4 tends to build faster than if you keep nitrates higher. You might even be able to pull back on the GFO. .08 to .12 are kinda my sweet spot for PO4 and acropora. Ten(ish) for nitrates.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new