• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Extreme Corals?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

46gReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ordered with them before? extremecorals.com?

Thanks.

OP
OP
46gReef

46gReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks agent....anyone else?

Pellaeon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered from them like 3 or 4 times. Happy with all my purchases.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above. They have some good stuff. Good service and communication. I would buy from them again without thinking twice. They've been around a while.

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my brother n law order from them at least once a week and never had any problems

chappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow not bashing but no other company i have ever seen has had more complaints than these guys
for the original op dig a little deeper there are places filled with complaints about scott and his buisness
good luck

LPS tanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TONS of compliants on RC, Nice corals, but if you have a probem, dead corals, wrong piece ect you are in for a long battle

condor

CORAL DR.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had good luck with them. i even had a coral die after 3 days and i took a pic and sent it to them and they issued me a credit right away. but recently my wife ordered a coral for my b day and it was to big for my tanks so we tried to cancel to order befor it shipped and they wanted to charge her a restocking fee. HOW THE HECK DO YOU RESTOCK A CORAL! so we had them send it anyway. also thae same night i ordered a acan from them(not knowing my wife ordered me something) and ive spent a lot with them$. and they still wanted to charge her the fee. im a little ticked with them right now, it may be a while before i consider doing another order

awcasper

Goby in the sea of life.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered twice from them. The first time I found out that the color in their pictures wasn't what I expected. The pics looked photoshopped, and they would call green yellow. I would say they use too many adjectives, such as "rare, ultra, one of a kind, hard to get, etc."

The second time I ordered, it was late at night and I tried to cancel it before they shipped the next day. I did not get any response but they sent my order out, anyhow. When it got here, the colors were not what I expected, again. Green is NOT yellow! One of the pieces I ordered was described as "one of a kind" but looked exactly like the piece I ordered before. On top of that, one of the monti's I bought has white patches like it has been muched on by nudi's. That didn't show in the pictures, either.

I will never ordering from this company again.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your research, on a few forums, to get some realistic feedback. Not at all implying that the feedback here isn't realistic. There's just not a lot of feedback available here, compared to some other places that have tons of feedback, good and bad.

I have ordered from them, in the past, with good results. However, I'm not sure I'd order from them again, based on the results of a few local friends. The problems seem to occur when something arrives dead, or unhealthy. I was lucky and everything arrived in good health. Also, photos are WAY photo shopped. Descriptions use too many 'hyped' words, which gets on my nerves...lol.

I've also experienced a lot of SPAM email, from them, even after demanding to be removed from their email lists. Emails stopped, for a short time, but then started again.

knyreefguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never ordered from them but just went and took a look... not impressed at all... someone tell them to try 20k's or maybe some actinics.. acro's look brownish and crappy!... nothing really pops except whats photo shopped!... sorry EC no money from me!...

Krazy Legs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. Our order came alive and well. Looks exactly like what we ordered and they even threw in a cheap blastomussa. Which was awesome! However, we never received the 25.00 gift card. I called and left a detailed message and waited two days with no response. Then I emailed and it took a day to get a response. We were told that we would receive the gift card in an email on Monday morning. After waiting until Tuesday morning I sent another email. This time I was ticked and I threatened my business and to make sure everyone knows what kind of customer service they have. I then recieved a refund on the gift card and a refusal of my future business.

Scott at extreme corals is a joke!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Wow
Reactions: TVV

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got impatient! Go figure.

Bought an incredible looking radioactive torch coral reported to be 4.5 by 4 inches for my overstocked biocube. Most expensive coral I have ever bought anywhere. Came closed up so cant really compare it with the unbelievably incredible pic online compared to being under my Steve's LED but I am very hopeful. I am also hopeful that the coral will live as it doesn't look as well as those I've ordered from much much farther places than Dallas, LA to Lafayette, LA.

Very nervous and hopeful. Will report in a few days. I am not sure about all the negative reports I saw in reviews but I do know that people are more inclined to complain than provide accolades with respect to expectatoins and reality.

We will see where I end up, fair and balanced! Like Fox news. Ha!

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got impatient! Go figure.

Bought an incredible looking radioactive torch coral reported to be 4.5 by 4 inches for my overstocked biocube. Most expensive coral I have ever bought anywhere. Came closed up so cant really compare it with the unbelievably incredible pic online compared to being under my Steve's LED but I am very hopeful. I am also hopeful that the coral will live as it doesn't look as well as those I've ordered from much much farther places than Dallas, LA to Lafayette, LA.

Very nervous and hopeful. Will report in a few days. I am not sure about all the negative reports I saw in reviews but I do know that people are more inclined to complain than provide accolades with respect to expectations and reality.

We will see where I end up, fair and balanced! Like Fox news. Ha!

OK. Here is my fair and balanced review:
1. The torch I bought appears to be doing better. It is opened up, ballooned up and is a good size. It will need to open another inch to match the description on the site. Who knows, may happen?
2. The reviews and reports of fantastic photography concerns are founded. (dunno if it is factual to say photo shopped) No matter what lighting I use, even full blue on Steve's LED's will not make this coral I received look like advertised. Could it be it will latter...Dunno. Could it be their lighting is so much different that they can make it look like this pic...questionable.
3. The torch I did receive in short is somewhat of a disappointment. Not because it is sick or ugly, but because it is no different than one I already had that was less than one third the price from Cali Kid Corals. Granted, that was 5 months ago and torches are on fire lately, but still, if it were a pic of a beautiful Aussie gold with blue tips, I would NOT have bought it. I bought it based on the pic and description of which I think both are overdone.
4. I called Extreme Corals as soon as I opened the box to let them know of my concerns. No human answer so I left a message. I have not heard from them after 27 hours.

Does anyone watching know what the colorful pink speckles apart from the coral that are on the top right of the pic are? Is that photo shop evidence? That is actually the color mixed with the "radioactive orange" that made me purchase this coral at such a premium price.

I will wait on extreme corals return call and discussion before I order from this company again.
WYSIWYG item

• 4.5X4 EXTREMECORALS FAMOUS BOOK QUALITY RADIOACTIVE ORANGE BLUE TIPPED AUSTRALIAN SHOWPIECE TORCH
    4.5X4 EXTREMECORALS FAMOUS BOOK QUALITY "RADIOACTIVE ORANGE BLUE TIPPED AUSTRALIAN SHOWPIECE TORCH​

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After investigation into this photo, said to be a WYSIWYG this is what is reported by EXIF data:
1. Date taken - 11/27/2008. Time 23:28:58
Date Digitized - 11/27/2008. Time 23:28:58
2. Taken with - no flash, digital zoom = 1; exposure bias = 0.3333; exposure time = 1/60 sec; iso speed = 900; unique image ID = 0731412B877F5477B903BF122EB32218.
3. 800X662 dimension photo
4. Nikon D70 camera
5. Focal Length 105
6. Filter 0 = not custom rendered
7. Scene Type = 1
8. Sensing method = 2
9. White Balance = 1
10. No GPS data or user comments

This was purchased 8/12/2019 so my question in how can this be WYSIWIG?????
Extreme corals has some answers to give and Reef2Reef has some sponsorship questions I would say. What do you say?

TVV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that its been 3 days:
1. the torch coral from extremecorals.com has opened up to the reported size.
2. the torch coral does look healthy with respect to tentacles extension and shape

3. However, the color is not even close to the picture reported above and is undoubtedly not a WYSIWIG based on the EXIF photo report.

BTW, the photo was removed from their site the day of the posting. Was it website maintenance? Dunno for sure?

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After investigation into this photo, said to be a WYSIWYG this is what is reported by EXIF data:
1. Date taken - 11/27/2008. Time 23:28:58
Date Digitized - 11/27/2008. Time 23:28:58
2. Taken with - no flash, digital zoom = 1; exposure bias = 0.3333; exposure time = 1/60 sec; iso speed = 900; unique image ID = 0731412B877F5477B903BF122EB32218.
3. 800X662 dimension photo
4. Nikon D70 camera
5. Focal Length 105
6. Filter 0 = not custom rendered
7. Scene Type = 1
8. Sensing method = 2
9. White Balance = 1
10. No GPS data or user comments

This was purchased 8/12/2019 so my question in how can this be WYSIWIG?????
Extreme corals has some answers to give and Reef2Reef has some sponsorship questions I would say. What do you say?

yeah d70 is waaaaaay old!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back