Extruded Aluminum T-Slot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Instigate
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
1,404
Location
Outa here!
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best place to buy extruded aluminum? I was going to go with Tnutz but shipping kind of put me off. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Also, I'm planning on building something like this but for a 6ft tank. Should I be ok with the 1" x 1" T-slot or should I go with the 1" x 2"?

303fc131_IMG_6496_LRG.jpeg
 
I got the T-Slot aluminum for my light racks from Zoro.com and they had free shipping even on the 8' pieces I ordered.

1x2 might be better for that design as the 2" side on edge would support more weight from lights.
 
Thanks for the suggestions but after reviewing the other sites, TNuts is still the cheapest way to get the parts I'm needing.
 
What is the best place to buy extruded aluminum? I was going to go with Tnutz but shipping kind of put me off. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Also, I'm planning on building something like this but for a 6ft tank. Should I be ok with the 1" x 1" T-slot or should I go with the 1" x 2"?

I built a light rack out of 1" square tubing that is very similar to the one in the picture. The connectors made it so simple to put it together.
I got it from https://eztube.com/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new