Eye Candy!!! Zoas and Palys...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Azurel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoos18.jpg


zoos19.jpg
 
RingofFires.jpg


Flash...
RingofFiresFL.jpg


got new babies again... there's actually couple more buds from the same polyp on the lower end but I dunno if you can see it... Go PPE, Go PPE, GO!
PPENewBabies.jpg
 
Nice stuff Madhouse.....I wish my PPEs would go,go,go.....But nothing for months......
:(
 
Nice stuff Madhouse.....I wish my PPEs would go,go,go.....But nothing for months......
:(

I have found that playing mood music at night increase Paly reproduction.
 
Nice stuff Madhouse.....I wish my PPEs would go,go,go.....But nothing for months......
:(
James.. my PPE's were stagnant and laughing at me for a while (3-4 months I was stuck with 3 polyps), then they decided to take off and since then, I've been averaging 3-4 polyps/month.. except last month when I had the 3 polyps die off.. I have no idea what happened, they just withered away...

I have found that playing mood music at night increase Paly reproduction.
Rev, why you gotta tell them about my secret.. LoLz.. j/k..
 
Marvin do you dose Mag?

not yet.. when I get back, I'll start.. esp since I'm getting some nice echinos when I get back.. :)

I heard that Mg really helps on zoas though, but I've never tried it... I do a 10%-15% waterchange every week though so that probably helps...
 
Im not sure if Mg directly effects zoa's but it does directly effect your alk. If your Salinity, alk, Ca and Mg are in check your tank is in good shape. I try to keep my Mg above 1400. I add magflake to my waterchange water weekly.
 
Im not sure if Mg directly effects zoa's but it does directly effect your alk. If your Salinity, alk, Ca and Mg are in check your tank is in good shape. I try to keep my Mg above 1400. I add magflake to my waterchange water weekly.

yeah.. what he said.. LoLz..

you guys know this water chemistry stuff more than me.. I've always try to fix my problems by doing more frequent waterchanges until the problem is fixed and it has always worked for the past 5 years I've been in the hobby... but I've been reading more on the water chemistry side of things... so hope I can get better at this...
 
Marv what ever your doing don't stop! Its working perfectly.

LoLz.. yeah.. I figured there's something they're liking so I'm not about to change on what I'm doing.. maybe tweak it here and there on what's going to help..

Thanks Jesse...
 
Yes the first ones are mohawks and the forth ones are alien explosions. Pookstreet when ever your ready just let me know. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new