• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

F/S: New Vertex Rx-C 6D Calcium Reactor - Will Ship

JsL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For sale is a brand new Vertex 6D calcium reactor. I found it when taking out the Christmas decorations! I thought I would need a CaRx, but my tank is not SPS dominant (yet) and I'm ok with dosing 2-part so far.

The build quality is top notch and I did a lot of CaRx research before buying this.

It was the best at its price point with:
  • Secondary reaction chamber for additional media, like TLF ReMag. This is important as this secondary chamber helps consume any unused CO2 that escapes the 1st chamber; reduces negative pH impact to tank
  • Integrated flow meter
  • Bubble counter
  • pH probe port
  • Gas venting lid
  • Titanium Screws
  • CO2 exchange chamber

$425 shipped to US (lower 48 states). The box is large, heavy and I'm taking a hit on PP fees, so I think the price is fair. Also, it has dual media chambers with a 3rd gas exchange chamber at this price point.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
To whoever buys this:

I run this very unit on my main tank and it is about the best quality and easy to use unit you will own. I have ZERO regrets !!

OP
OP
J

JsL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sooooooooo.... did you forget you had this? And if you did how did you forget?

;)

I have a garage AND two sheds worth of "stuff". Mostly car stuff and some fish stuff. I've just been happy with dosing 2 part and never bothered with the CaRx.

This nice setup will serve a better purpose in someone's sump versus sitting on top of my "Christmas" box :)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I hope he changes his mind on shipping :p
Just realized he has original box. Simply if it is placed into another box with newspaper or plastic grocery bags all around- Very shippable !!

ReefChef19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
arent these discontinued?
Actually that's a great deal with the shipping, someone local in my reefing club paid like $375 + tax at alfs about 6 months ago. He got lucky and just noticed it on the shelf! So that price is about on par, since he had to pay pp fees and shipping. I've heard nothing but great things about this calcium reactor.

Glws

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have nothing to say about the price just a little worried that its discontinued and parts will be nearly impossible to come by to my understanding vertex went out of buisness

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

larry.lawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sale is a brand new Vertex 6D calcium reactor. I found it when taking out the Christmas decorations! I thought I would need a CaRx, but my tank is not SPS dominant (yet) and I'm ok with dosing 2-part so far.

The build quality is top notch and I did a lot of CaRx research before buying this.

It was the best at its price point with:
  • Secondary reaction chamber for additional media, like TLF ReMag. This is important as this secondary chamber helps consume any unused CO2 that escapes the 1st chamber; reduces negative pH impact to tank
  • Integrated flow meter
  • Bubble counter
  • pH probe port
  • Gas venting lid
  • Titanium Screws
  • CO2 exchange chamber

$425 shipped to US (lower 48 states). The box is large, heavy and I'm taking a hit on PP fees, so I think the price is fair. Also, it has dual media chambers with a 3rd gas exchange chamber at this price point.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
I am very interested in this. Is it still available?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back