Fading blue zoos?????????

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that Carribean blue zoos don't hold their blue color as well Pacific zoos. Has anyone had this experiance?
TIA

fragjunkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I've had some nice blues and it's really hard to keep them blue. I wonder if you can get them back though?

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had pacific blue zoas fade on me, i dont think it has anything to do with the region though

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoanthids will change color based on the tank conditions. Unless your conditions are literally exactly like those of your supplier the zoos will change color to some degree. The same is true for any coral. Unfortunately we don't have an understanding as to why all these changes occur. The best thing you can do is call your vendor and see if they'll tell you their system parameters (lighting, Ca, nitrates, etc) and try and match theirs. Even that may not work though.

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a blue frag fall on the side of some liverock and they landed in an area i couldnt reach which was real real shaded, so i just left them there. Months later and they are the bluest I have ever seen them, and they are doing just fine.

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Caribbean blues, and they actually like lower light.

I have also had other blues that have faded when stressed, but colored back up when tank conditions improved, so it can be done. I think it just kinda depends on what is causing the fading.

Back