Fairy Wrasse attacking reflection!! Help he’s obsessed

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had him since 6 months he definitely became “boss” over the tank only with new additions he stands good with tank mates

All of a sudden I noticed he has been “showing off” his fins to his reflection obsessively when lights are on..to the point he will miss his feedings so if I turn the blue lights on he is good he will swim by the back glass to check if the
“identical wrasse” is there but he is normal and will eat..but if I hit the bright light back on he will start again attacking his reflection

What do I do?? When blue light comes in my midus blenny and diamond goby goes to hide thinking it’s night time I’m so puzzled

I don’t want him to stress himself out and die or get an ammonia spike from it

E1EE7F96-A983-4848-BA6D-5E939CC83479.jpeg

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be a wrasse thing because I had a yellow coris do the same time, it should pass if not you can try putting a sheet of paper against the glass where he does it and that will make the reflection go away. Maybe keep it on for a week then remove it and see if that stops the behavior.

OP
OP
Saltfishonly

Saltfishonly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be a wrasse thing because I had a yellow coris do the same time, it should pass if not you can try putting a sheet of paper against the glass where he does it and that will make the reflection go away. Maybe keep it on for a week then remove it and see if that stops the behavior.

I was thinking too something similar to just remove maybe the black background and put something else maybe

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cover for a bit might help, I currently have a Melanurus that is freaking out over his reflection in a mirror I put behind my tank for my Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel (just added a Lyretail Anthias that it isn't super happy about).

Back