Falco hawk

  • Thread starter Thread starter kp1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kp1991

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2018
Messages
253
Reaction score
167
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this lil guy anyone had one on here any tips on care
20190303_174558.jpeg
 
Provide plenty of perching places and be careful with shrimp and small fish.

You should always do research on a fish before buying it
 
Provide plenty of perching places and be careful with shrimp and small fish.

You should always do research on a fish before buying it
Aint gonna lie it was a total impulse buy always wanted one i knew they are predatory and like to perch that i did know but thanks ill keep that in mind hes doing fine so far he likes the rockwork i have in there for him hopefully all goes well
 
I've had mine for a while now. Hasn't touched any of the CUC, but they were in the tank before I added the Falco so how he reacts to new additions is unknown. Recently he did start to chase my Rainford Goby and has him confined to one side of the tank, which is a shame because the Rainford does such a good job keeping the sand clean. If it gets worse and he actually starts nipping at the Rainford I have a trap on standby. Mine was an impulse buy also.
BMBktbAl.jpg
 
They can be aggressive, as @jd371 touched on, would likely be best if they were the last one added. I have not had a falco but other hawks I've had, have similar disposition maybe even more aggressive. They will eat live foods, like ghosties or even your pet shrimp.
 
I figured so hell be the last addition to the nano until i get my 75g up n running then they should all have ample space
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new