Fastest growing encruster

  • Thread starter Thread starter Superd513
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Superd513

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2023
Messages
206
Reaction score
92
Location
Miamisburg
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 28 gal JBJ nano and I’m going to attach live flat rock to the back plastic wall that separates the filter side. I want to put some encrusting coral on this live rock to give my tank a unique look. I might even put some zoas and pipe organs too. My question is. What would be the best encrusters for this job? Chalices? Montis. Ect?
 
So I have a 28 gal JBJ nano and I’m going to attach live flat rock to the back plastic wall that separates the filter side. I want to put some encrusting coral on this live rock to give my tank a unique look. I might even put some zoas and pipe organs too. My question is. What would be the best encrusters for this job? Chalices? Montis. Ect?
Cyphestrea is extremely fast encrusting IME.
 
Agreed, cyphestreas grow quick! This is like 5 days of growth. Theres some very nice variety’s and some really nice ones out there.

B7F9414E-47A6-40A6-8697-0FA0B8CA00CF.jpeg 9AADCB3A-9478-475F-9801-29148346B81A.jpeg
 
Cyphastrea, psammocora, or leptastrea
 
hollywood stunner. although, I dont think you should put it in your tank
 
Why the rock on the wall.
You can glue almost any coral to plastic.
Best bet is to pick one and let it go.
You can see my 20g had pavona, purple stylo, orange lepto, and a green slimer.
Keeping them from growing into each other becomes a problem as the tank grows in.
20220926_094430.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new