Faulty TDS meter?????????????????

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting all kinds of erratic numbers on my TDS meter when I make a batch of RO water. I purchased the unit (5stage) from BRS just over a year ago and has woked perfect up until about a month ago. I have changed out all the cartridges, membrane, and batteries but still have the same problem. Sometimes the meter will say 30 in 5 out. Than another time it will say 2 in 50 out etc.etc. I have also inspected/cleaned the probes. Anybody know if the meters just go bad?
UKJ5Jyv.jpg

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposedly there are issues related the orientation that it's installed in, but I do not know more than that.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could check the accuracy of your in-line meter a couple of ways. Buy some distilled water from the grocery store and see if the meter reads zero, and buy a hand held TDS meter from amazon.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was jumping all over the place. Also from brs. They sent a replacement tds meter as it was under 3 months old. Through the process of trouble shooting afterwards with them we determined my DI resin was shot.

Once I changed the DI resin the original meter behaved itself. No idea if jiggling everything around made the original one work or that it was going crazy and spewing random numbers because the DI was spent.

OP
OP
paintman

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I got it figured out. I decided to swap out my resins just for squirts and giggles (even though the color hadn't changed), and upon doing so I noticed i installed them upside down the last time I changed them out. I guess thats why my resin had not changed colors like it normaly did. I guess it also explains the on going battle I have had with green cyan. Not to self alway install the cartridges right side up. LOL!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back