Fauna Marin Color Elements Mixing

castellanamattia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2024
Messages
161
Reaction score
89
Location
Switzerland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I was wondering whether I could mix the three FM Color Elements (red, green, blue) in a 1:1:1 ratio for dosing (so that it uses only 1 instead of three heads)? Has someone ever tried it or knows whether it is possible?

Thank you, and wishing you all the best for 2026!
 
I presume not or they would, although three may just be a marketing ploy, just like calling them colors instead of chemicals.

In general, mixing trace elements is not a good idea unless you know exactly what chemical forms are used.
 
Upvote 0
I presume not or they would, although three may just be a marketing ploy, just like calling them colors instead of chemicals.

In general, mixing trace elements is not a good idea unless you know exactly what chemical forms are used.
Thanks Randy, I'll try to mix 10 ml of each together in a vial and check for precipitates. Keeping you updated!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new