Fauna Marin LPS food question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size Fauna Marin Ultra LPS pellet food size would you recommend? Chalices and Acans are my primary corals I would feed, but Favia, Hammers, and Scolys are also something I would feed. Would the Large or Medium pellet be best for me?

Thanks Guys.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use med with my chalices and scolly's. I figure i do get alot of little chalice frags so it would be better.

OP
OP
HomeSlizzice

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see that, ya I'd say Acan's and Chalices are my primary corals I'd feed. I don't own a Scoly right now, but I am looking to get one in a few months. So I think you are right that the medium would be best, chalies do have very small mouths.

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my Acans a mix of the Fauna Marin Zoa/Acan special powder and the Medium pellet. I basically just soak the pellets in the Zoa/Acan powder and distribute it all onto the polyps, they seem to love it so far.

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medium or large works great for acans, scolys, brain corals.... basically any LPS with a 1/4" polyp can easily eat it. The medium is nice for acans since it is easy to just sprinkle it over the polyps and not worry about target feeding each polyp.

We have found the Acan/Zoa food should really be named Chalice food!! Its the perfect size for chalices to get in their small mouths. I'll have to take a video of them feeding sometime... it's fascinating to watch them slurp up the dust like powder!

So to answer your question I'd say go with the medium and also try the Acan/Zoa food.

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only feed 1 polyp of acans will it benefit the whole colony? Or would it mainly benefit the polyp that eats it?

OP
OP
HomeSlizzice

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses guys, Medium it is

Last edited:

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only feed 1 polyp of acans will it benefit the whole colony? Or would it mainly benefit the polyp that eats it?

Yes, there are connective tissues and pathways for them to share nutrients, so the whole colony benefits.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back