Favia.. Can they get along with each other?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to get rid of all my Zoas and now am replacing the Zoas with Favia. Love the colors.. I know they don’t mix well with other corals and to keep them away from them.

But do favia get along with other favia? Meaning can I mount them close to each other and not have them attack each other?

Thanks

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a Favia expert, but the ones I had were aggressive and would sting anything around them.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion you're taking a gamble. What we know as Favia is actually comprised of several genus like Platygyra, Favites, Favia, Goniastrea, etc. There is only one true Favia and it's a carribean species. Favia can and will sting its neighbors. If it's a like genus together it should theoretically work but I'd just do anything like this with caution. They don't play as nice as say, Micromussa or Zoas.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. It’s not a problem for me to split them up And mount them separately I was just wondering if it was possible.

pjdiddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be a zoa person as well and leaning towards favias and chalices now. I still love Zoas, I just hate how they get so pinicky and randomly melts.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back