Favia coral bleaching! Help!

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a favia coral one week ago and placed where it gets medium light and medium -low flow. It looks healthy extends its feeding tentacles at night and I fed it yesterday. Two days ago the coral fell in the sand bed and when I was trying to attach it to the rock I got some putty on it and it is not attached to a frag so I possibly injured it by pushing to hard on the skeleton. I don’t think my params are off because the rest of the corals looks healthy as well as all the other coral. Pictures attached. I will post params later if needed. I’m also not able to fed that polyp on the side because it is at an angle.

FCE0BB8A-B645-42F7-84DE-6BA45993DEC5.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2263.MOV
    16.1 MB

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its damage from your finger, and your corals are all growing well and your parameters are in range, it should recover just fine.
Ive done heavy damage to a lot of LPS from fragging. Most pull through as long as your tank is on point.

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its damage from your finger, and your corals are all growing well and your parameters are in range, it should recover just fine.
Ive done heavy damage to a lot of LPS from fragging. Most pull through as long as your tank is on point.
Great how long do you think this would take to heal with weekly feeding?

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just looks like minute tissue damage from your finger, it should recover soon and quickly especially with feeding. Most all LPS appreciate feeding as they often grow in lower light areas naturally, that's why many of them have large feeding tentacles. While I have never kept Favites, similar corals in my care do well with biweekly feedings of small particulate foods (easier to digest, lower chance of rotting in the stomach).

OP
OP
John A!10

John A!10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just looks like minute tissue damage from your finger, it should recover soon and quickly especially with feeding. Most all LPS appreciate feeding as they often grow in lower light areas naturally, that's why many of them have large feeding tentacles. While I have never kept Favites, similar corals in my care do well with biweekly feedings of small particulate foods (easier to digest, lower chance of rotting in the stomach).
That’s what I heard I was going to start with weekly feeding of coral frenzy which it gulped it all up in 10 minutes, and then overtime do twice a week.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back