Favia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently bought an alien eye favia. To me it seems like it hasn't fully opened. I wonder if it's where I placed it. I place it on a rock with some zoas next to it. I figured the favia would kill off the zoas. Since they grew like weeds. And got on some rocks I didn't want them to. If you guys can help me out and see what you think? I'll post a picture.

OP
OP
Brandonsegula

Brandonsegula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2d6b20d756103601cc84b65c5a295e9d.jpg

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently bought an alien eye favia. To me it seems like it hasn't fully opened. I wonder if it's where I placed it. I place it on a rock with some zoas next to it. I figured the favia would kill off the zoas. Since they grew like weeds. And got on some rocks I didn't want them to. If you guys can help me out and see what you think? I'll post a picture.

The Favia looks like it is doing well, it can certainly extend a little bit more. You are correct that favia's are known to have long sweeper tentacles and can sting neighboring corals. We would recommend removing the zoanthids from the rock rather then waiting for nature to take its course and the zoanthids could be passed onto a fellow reefer or another tank. Placement appears to be good based on this, lower light and moderate flow is a good started.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back