Favia?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjbrownie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tjbrownie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2022
Messages
164
Reaction score
59
Location
Riverton
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a Favia coral zoa?
It’s not mine but I’m curious
BA570FFD-5A0D-4668-ACBD-E344973B564A.jpeg
 
Favias are an Atlantic only species, so no, this is not a favia. Most favia species have been moved to the genus dipsastraea.
I have heard this type of coral is an undescribed species of micromussa, but they have sweeper tentacles and can reproduce by intratentacular budding, which micromussa don’t.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new