Favite. New growth or tissue necrosis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjp143
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tjp143

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401837308.379803.jpg

I'm new to coral care. Is the white around the edges growth or is it some sort of necrosis? Sorry for the bad picture quality.
 
I tend to call that more of a receding of tissue, looks like it's reversible. Make sure Ca/Alk and magnesium are in line, feed the coral and do not give it too much lighting.
 
Okay. Thank you so much. I'll post pics If I can get it looking healthy again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new