Favorite 70-90gal tanks?

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Planning on getting a larger tank this upcoming fall and in the beginning of the planning process. I’d like to be around the 70-90gal range and so far I’ve been between Innovative Marine 75gal EXT (currently have an IM 20gal peninsula and love it) and DeepBlue 80gal rimless (I like the idea of a shallow tank but know that flow can be tough). I’d like to do an SPS dominant tank with some LPS and maybe a few softies. If anyone has any experience with these two tanks or any other tanks in this size range I’d love to hear about your experiences with them and if you have any other recommendations with lights/sump would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a couple standard 75 gallon tanks and I love those dimensions. If you don’t mind drilling yourself you can make a pretty sweet tank in my opinion. Also much cheaper than buying a fancy tank.

OP
OP
mjleffler

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a couple standard 75 gallon tanks and I love those dimensions. If you don’t mind drilling yourself you can make a pretty sweet tank in my opinion. Also much cheaper than buying a fancy tank.
I’m definitely a little scared of drilling myself... but I’m planning for this next tank is going to have a bunch of firsts for me (plumbing, sump, skimmer,etc) so maybe drilling wouldn’t be out of the question. Definitely have a lot more research to do

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go 120. Same profile as the others with more depth for aquascaping and options for fish. I have a 90 and wish I was given the same advice.

OP
OP
mjleffler

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go 120. Same profile as the others with more depth for aquascaping and options for fish. I have a 90 and wish I was given the same advice.
Is there any particular fish you would have gotten in a 120 as opposed to a 90? Or just having the opportunity to get a few more?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both. Most tangs need at least a 120

Back