Favorite fishy sand sifters?

DietDr.Kelp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2025
Messages
138
Reaction score
165
Location
Port Orchard
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your favorite sand sifting "utility" fish? I don't mind if they eat invertebrates, but need to be coral safe. Looking for a fish that actively sifts through the sand rather than creating a single burrow. Peaceful, but not timid, preferred!
 
1000006590.jpg
 
+1 on the Diamond Goby, just make sure you have a good lid as they love to jump and can fit through extremely small gaps.
 
Cute fish!
Would other watchman gobies, such as a tiger watchman, be similarly good sand sifters?
I have had several over the years and the diamond has always been trustworthy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new